Keep It In The Family Page 2

Quote: little ern @ 7th July 2019, 11:38 AM

The Forces TV channel are currently showing Keep It In The Family every weekday at 10.30am,6pm & 11.40pm.

They've already shown series 1 and start showing series 2 from tomorrow (8th July) although they don't seem to be showing episode 3 of series 2 (Games People Play)

Is this channel on Freeview Ern?

Certainly an under shown show, not sure it's ever been repeated although I couldn't imagine what would be offensive or unPC in this show, from memory. It was one of those upbeat light and airy domcoms ITV were very good at once upon a time. I'm certain we could do with a few more of this sort now. Such a shame ITV appears to have given up again. :( At least they could rerun this on ITV 2 or 3. Yes I know old shows often don't live up to cloudy memories but it would still be nice to have a chance to make that judgment.

Robert Gillespie was an absolute delight in every episode.

I'm surprised we didn't see a lot more of him on TV than we did.

The good news is that Robert is still going strong at 85 and living in France.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th July 2019, 11:25 AM

Is this channel on Freeview Ern?

Sky 181, Virgin 277, Freesat 165, Freeview/YouView 96.

Ta for link, will try and catch it tomorrow. I wish there was a way to set your favourite channels like on a radio.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st July 2019, 1:42 PM

Ta for link, will try and catch it tomorrow. I wish there was a way to set your favourite channels like on a radio.

Many systems do in fact have favourite channel functionality.

Quote: garyd @ 24th September 2012, 2:21 PM

Stacy Dorning was the blond-ish one.
I fancied her when she was in Black Beauty so to see her in something later was a real bonus.

Sabina Franklyn was the brunette. I wouldn't have said no!

I used to fancy Sabina Franklyn too although I see someone else played her character in the first couple of series.

Watching this now on Forces TV although unfortunately no Sabina.

Some very naughty jokes.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th October 2019, 8:39 PM

Watching this now on Forces TV ....

Thx, yes I see it now. https://tv24.co.uk/channel/british-forces-tv And "V" is also there (I like it).
Thx, as I usually skipped this channel before.

I loved V when it was first on.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st October 2019, 9:42 PM

I loved V when it was first on.

Very good series, but I bet it looks dated now.

Who wants a sitcom about a f**king cartoonist?

Did they hit a nerve then beaky? :D

My life's an endless searching for jokes, nothing funny about that.

Quote: beaky @ 31st October 2019, 11:36 PM

Who wants a sitcom about a f**king cartoonist?

I know most of the time he's in his pyjamas and dressing gown but I don't think we've seen him f**king yet.

I really enjoyed it. I like this sort of family sitcom. It strikes me of the 80s version of Father Dear Father in a sort of way. I really enjoyed and some of the guest appearances I recognise from other people in other sitcoms which is good. I thought Robert Gillespie was great and the other actors/actresses was good in this as well. Overall a great sitcom. I love these family sitcoms, like Bless This House, Father Dear Father, Keep It In The Family, Happy Ever After etc.