Keep It In The Family

Is there a thread for this 1980s ITV show, Keep It In The Family? I vaguely remember watching it when I was a cnild and finding it funny.

Edited by Aaron.

Well there is a thread for it now. I have not seen the show, but would like to.

I remember enjoying it when it was on.
And the theme tune was good.

Quote: peter gazzard @ August 25 2009, 1:20 PM BST

Is there a thread for this 1980s ITV show, Keep It In The Family? I vaguely remember watching it when I was a cnild and finding it funny.

Edited by Aaron.

I remember it too when I was at a very young age. Remember enjoying it at the time, but for the life of me I can't recall anything about it now, apart from it starring Robert Gillespie.

I remember he was a cartoonist who worked from home, he used to draw with a glove puppet. He had two quite attractive daughters, particularly the brunette I recall and his wife was played by the same woman who played Reggie Perrin's wife. I used to like it at the time, it was one of the better ITV sitcoms.

Couldn't resist and have ordered series 1. I hope it will be as good watching it now as when I first seen it many years ago..

I remember liking this for three reasons.

1) Well witten.

2) Robert Gillespie was brilliant.

3) Stacy Dorning was hot!

Or was it Stacy Dorning was brilliant and...

Quote: garyd @ September 24 2012, 2:11 PM BST

I remember liking this for three reasons.

1) Well witten.

2) Robert Gillespie was brilliant.

3) Stacy Dorning was hot!

Or was it Stacy Dorning was brilliant and...

Was that the brunette or the other one. I liked the brunette but seem to remember I was in the minority at the time.

Done a little research and I see Sabrina Franklyn starred in this as one of the daughters.

I use to have a big crush on her when she was in 'Full House'.

Stacy Dorning was the blond-ish one.
I fancied her when she was in Black Beauty so to see her in something later was a real bonus.

Sabina Franklyn was the brunette. I wouldn't have said no!

Quote: garyd @ September 24 2012, 2:21 PM BST

Stacy Droning was the blond-ish one.
I fancied her when she was in Black Beauty so to see her in something later was a real bonus.

Sabina Franklyn was the brunette. I wouldn't have said no!

Ah yes Sabina Franklin, William Franklin's daughter, I used to swoon at her in my younger days. And now that you mention Black Beauty I can remember her too. :D

I also liked her very brief but amusing appearance in Fawlty Towers.

Apparently she was married to Boycie from Only Fools, lucky dog.

Quote: Pingl @ 24th September 2012, 2:22 PM

Ah yes Sabina Franklin, William Franklin's daughter, I used to swoon at her in my younger days. And now that you mention Black Beauty I can remember her too. :D

Looking back now seeing them as supposedly teenage daughters is laughable in itself!

The Forces TV channel are currently showing Keep It In The Family every weekday at 10.30am,6pm & 11.40pm.

They've already shown series 1 and start showing series 2 from tomorrow (8th July) although they don't seem to be showing episode 3 of series 2 (Games People Play)