Favourite ITV sitcom

I'm not sure if there's already a thread on this or not.

Some are better than others, but I can't choose between Rising Damp and On The Buses.

What do you think?

I'd go for Only When I Laugh, although technically I suppose there are better sitcoms, but that's my favourite.

On the Buses for me, but Rising Damp does come in a very good second. Also, a special mention to Two in Clover.

Good choice, chip. Often a little dry for my tastes, but a good show nonetheless.

A lot of competitors here for me. About 90% of my DVDs are ITV series - although that's perhaps more because they're more available that BBC ones. Hmmm. *ponders*

Choosing best ITV sit-com that is not Rising Damp or On the Buses is a really tricky exercise and my mind has gone blank.

Watching or The Two Of Us spring to mind for some reason.

Fresh Fields.

*splutters a laugh*

George & Mildred.

Only When I Laugh or The New Statesman.

Quote: noddy @ August 24 2009, 2:10 PM BST

George & Mildred.

Good call, never seems to be repeated although I did see an episode on Belgian TV a few years ago.
As George never does any gardening Mildred donates his big box of gardening magazines to the vicar for his jumble sales. Unfortunately George is big trouble after confessing to Mildred they're only gardening magazines on top!

Was Agony funny?

For writing Rising Damp. For nostalgia Bless This House.

Whoops! Apocalypse, Hot Metal or A Fine Romance.

Quote: youngian @ August 24 2009, 3:14 PM BST

Good call, never seems to be repeated although I did see an episode on Belgian TV a few years ago.

Comedy Central/Extra show it sometimes. Great series. Watched the whole run last week, very funny stuff.

I had a fondness for Only When I Laugh too, come to think of it, when it was repeated daytime a few years ago.

I actually also enjoyed Mind Your Langauge when I was a kid. I was slightly dissapointed watching it on YouTube how crap it was however I still have a soft spot for it- I guess ITV sitcoms normally are more about charm than quality.