Fantasy BBC Comedy Commissioner Thread Page 3

Quote: chipolata @ August 20 2009, 11:09 AM BST

I'd blackball Jennifer Saunders.

That's actually quite compassionate.

And make Ade Edmondson watch whilst you did it?

First I'd haul Simon Pegg into my office and not let him leave until he'd written the pub quiz sitcom La Triviata like he said he was going to 18 thousand years ago. Then I'd create a brand new channel called Ahearne and Cash. then I'd impound Rowan Atkinson's vast collection of sports cars and only release them when he agreed to come back to British TV. Then I'd take a thousand 15-23 year olds and lock them in a room where I'd show them comedies like Blackadder and Father Ted, alongside more current yoof-coms. I'd measure their laughter and post the results to the heads of BBC Three, proving once and for all that young people aren't obsessed with seeing people like them in comedy.

Ooo can you make that 24 year olds? I won't mind being forced to watch a bit of 'Adder.

I'd ask Sean Lock is he fancied doing any more 15 Storeys High, promising that this time it wouldn't be broadcast in the middle of the f**king night.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 20 2009, 11:13 AM BST

I'd ask Sean Lock is he fancied doing any more 15 Storeys High, promising that this time it wouldn't be broadcast in the middle of the f**king night.

Good, as they say, call.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 20 2009, 11:13 AM BST

:)

I'd force Mitchell and Webb to write a show with The Chuckle Brothers. Also, I'd commission a show that in series one consisted entirely of Lee Henman blowing smoke rings to see what bizarre faces he seen in them. In series two it would be Lee looking at clouds and finding dragons and stuff. ;)

:D

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ August 20 2009, 11:19 AM BST

I'd commission a show that in series one consisted entirely of Lee Henman blowing smoke rings to see what bizarre faces he seen in them.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ August 20 2009, 11:19 AM BST

I'd force Mitchell and Webb to write a show with The Chuckle Brothers. Also, I'd commission a show that in series one consisted entirely of Lee Henman blowing smoke rings to see what bizarre faces he seen in them. In series two it would be Lee looking at clouds and finding dragons and stuff. ;)

Now you're talking!

I'd commission Simon Nye to re-write Dads Army.

© Blows and Rings

Aside from bringing back a lot of shows - Pulling, The Young Ones Renunion, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, etc., I would immediately implement the following -

Graham Linehan, Steve Coogan, Chris Morris, Peter Kay, Adam and Jo and Sharon Horgan to be put under contract with a remit to produce at least one series a year.

I would implement a regulation that 'comedy dramas' have comedy in them and aren't just weak dramas with someone saying 'f**k' occassionally in a desperate effort to raise a laugh.

Create a comedy scout network that wouldn't just go to Edinburgh Festival once a year but would actively scan You Tube, Myspace, etc. for brand new talent every single day. Independent production companies would receive funds to take in the new talent and nurture these new prodigys.

I would steal chipolata's idea to shut down BBC Three and channel the money into BBC Four.

Would it still be called BBC Four?

Good ideas though :)