Noel Fielding axed from Buzzcocks Page 9

Quote: Loopey @ October 1 2009, 11:58 AM BST

" They've tried to fill the whole by bringing in Noel Fielding as a team captain - but this has just alienated all those who find his style of humour deeply irritating."

Surely every comedian to some extent is going to 'alienate' a section of the audience who just don't find them funny. I'm sure there are lots of people who dislike Jupitus.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 1 2009, 12:16 AM BST

Did he burn the tramp's money? Only one thing's for sure, the tramp had better hair and clothes.

So, SO very true. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2009, 1:00 PM BST

Surely every comedian to some extent is going to 'alienate' a section of the audience who just don't find them funny. I'm sure there are lots of people who dislike Jupitus.

In which case it's highly unlikely that they watch, considering he's not exactly a new boy.

Even I agree with that. Noel's current look really isn't working for me!

zooo, ever tried fashioning Aaron's locks into a Russell Brand style do?

"Why, why, did Simon Amstell quit Buzzcocks? He made the show great. Without him, the format feels tired and boring. They've tried to fill the whole by bringing in Noel Fielding as a team captain - but this has just alienated all those who find his style of humour deeply irritating."

Should that be hole rather than whole or am I missing something?

Now, I spotted that and e-mailed Mark about it at around 4am. It hadn't been changed by noon, but when I checked 50 minutes later, it had...

Quote: Aaron @ October 1 2009, 2:08 PM BST

In which case it's highly unlikely that they watch, considering he's not exactly a new boy.

Well that's just the risk you taking putting anyone new in. There will be those who were pissed off when Bill Bailey took over as team captain. Or Amstell became host.

Quote: Leevil @ October 1 2009, 2:09 PM BST

zooo, ever tried fashioning Aaron's locks into a Russell Brand style do?

Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2009, 2:08 PM BST

Even I agree with that. Noel's current look really isn't working for me!

Isn't Noel about 40 or something? Too old for that hairdo. I recall Phil Jupitus trying out a trendy do a while back. Looked a right tosser!

"Why, why, did Simon Amstell quit Buzzcocks? He made the show great. Without him, the format feels tired and boring.

Totally agree with Loopey on this one, Amstell was the show. Now that unfunny doughnut mountain Corden will be sticking his twunty head in and laughing like a 9 year old girl every 5 seconds.

Maybe he'll thrill us by doing his 'famous' Ricky Gervais impression? Noel Fielding though will bring in an audience of self harming goth chicks who will boost the ratings slightly. Unless ITV schedules a Johnny Depp movie at the same time.

This does not bode well.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 1 2009, 2:13 PM BST

Isn't Noel about 40 or something?

36, apparently.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2009, 2:24 PM BST

36, apparently.

Mmm, needs a side parting, then.

He's sported many different looks in his career, some of them suited him a lot better than this one. I'm sure he'll switch soon. Hopefully.

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2009, 2:33 PM BST

He's sported many different looks in his career, some of them suited him a lot better than this one. I'm sure he'll switch soon. Hopefully.

He should get back to Boosh work and stop acting the bloody gadabout. Peaches f**king Geldof indeed! Or have they finished the Boosh now?

God knows.

Julian was rather good in How Not To Live Your Life though!

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2009, 2:52 PM BST

God knows.

Julian was rather good in How Not To Live Your Life though!

Ah, haven't seen that yet. I shall look forward to it.