Noel Fielding axed from Buzzcocks Page 8

Noel Fielding is like a psychobilly version of Ricky Gervais - a talented guy who won't let you forget it.

Did he burn the tramp's money? Only one thing's for sure, the tramp had better hair and clothes.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 1 2009, 12:16 AM BST

Noel Fielding is like a psychobilly version of Ricky Gervais - a talented guy who won't let you forget it.

Fielding talented? I think he's an unfunny c**t.

The Mighty Boosh radio series was superb, the TV version a case of diminishing returns and his appearances on Buzzcocks were just awful: proof that he is a phoney comedian.

I agree with you about the diminishing returns comment. This happens to a lot of comedians however. By the time they've made it they are bored with the material that got them there.

I haven't seen him on Buzzcocks, but he has produced stunningly inventive material over the course of his career.

Well you might be pleased to know that as well as Noel definitely being series team captain when Buzzcocks starts again next week, James Corden is the first guest host.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2009, 1:13 AM BST

Well you might be pleased to know that as well as Noel definitely being series team captain when Buzzcocks starts again next week, James Corden is the first guest host.

I can't wait to hate it.

:D

Laughing out loud

Why don't they just axe the show. Does anyone much watch it any more?

It strikes me that whatever Fielding had done, it could have been made into bad news. We all know that you shouldn't give money to beggars, because they might well spend it on substances to harm themselves.
Coming out of the Groucho club, if he had ignored the beggar, he could have been written up as the heartless cleb, spending £hundreds on himself but too mean to give to the Homeless. So Fielding would be wrong to give, and wrong to not give.

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ October 1 2009, 12:51 AM BST

Fielding talented? I think he's an unfunny c**t.

The Boosh is great.

"Why, why, did Simon Amstell quit Buzzcocks? He made the show great. Without him, the format feels tired and boring. They've tried to fill the whole by bringing in Noel Fielding as a team captain - but this has just alienated all those who find his style of humour deeply irritating."

Should that be hole rather than whole or am I missing something?

That pesky Mark!