Looking for name of 90s(?) sitcom about 3 women

Hi all,

Looking for the name of a sitcom from (I believe) the early or mid-90s and wonder if this description rings a bell with anyone:

It was about three 40-ish aged women living together - sharing a house. It had a very different feel - I don't believe there was an audience or laugh track but I could be making that up...

They had very different personalities and one or two of them were divorced, if memory serves.

Although my memories of it are faded, I do remember enjoying it very much.

Thank you in advance for you help!

Nothing obvious springs to mind. Will have a think.

*thinks*

(Welcome to the BCG, by the way. :) )

EDIT: Could it possibly by Brighton Belles? Which was a kind-of remake of The Golden Girls in the UK, which was broadcast in the early 90s?

Thank you for your reply and your welcome!

It had sort of a darkish feel to it - it wasn't a bright and bubbly sitcom.

The setting was a house in a suburban or "shire" sort of area. Very middle-class feel.

I've Googled until my fingers cramped but can't find any reference to it.

It's not Birds Of A Feather is it? Although, I think, that was 80s.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/birds_of_a_feather/

Late 80s and most of the 90s apparently.

Good call, Nil. The show did run into the late 90s.

No - its not Birds of a Feather - Birds of a Feather has a typical sitcom feel, as I recall.

This one had a distinctive a-typical feel to it - and again I don't believe it had an audience or laugh-track.

Most likely it only ran for a season or two.

I gotta ask...American or British?

I found it!

It was called 'Screaming' (1992) - and it seems to have had only a one series run.

Did some sleuthing.... :)

I had a very vague memory that the woman who played Twinkle's mum in Dinnerladies was in one episode and used IMDB to track down her credits.

Phew! Now I can sleep properly.

Thanks to all for your input!

Congrats! It's like getting a song stuck in your head, can't figure out where it's from, it's there for days, then you hear your 2 year old child singing nonsense.

Quote: shrewsberry @ August 9 2009, 3:21 AM BST

I found it!

It was called 'Screaming' (1992) - and it seems to have had only a one series run.

Did some sleuthing.... :)

I had a very vague memory that the woman who played Twinkle's mum in Dinnerladies was in one episode and used IMDB to track down her credits.

Phew! Now I can sleep properly.

Thanks to all for your input!

Oh, well it's good to know our vast comedy brains were so useful! :D

I remember avoiding Screaming because it was written by Carla Lane, who's stuff I don't tend to enjoy much.

However, if you like her style, then I might suggest you check out her series Butterflies or The Liver Birds. :)

Never heard of "Screaming". Well done.

Now don't disappear, stay and chill for a bit.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 9 2009, 3:25 AM BST

I remember avoiding Screaming because it was written by Carla Lane, who's stuff I don't tend to enjoy much.

Ah, that'll be why.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 9 2009, 3:25 AM BST

Oh, well it's good to know our vast comedy brains were so useful! :D

However, if you like her style, then I might suggest you check out her series Butterflies or The Liver Birds. :)

whose* >_<

Anyway.

Interestng. A sitcom I'm only vaguely familiar with the name of, Screaming. Does look rather intriguing though. Anyone got a copy? :)

I think it had Wendy Craig in it? Doing her woman-on-the-edge-of-a-nervous-breakdown thing for the 90s.

http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/scream/

She could have played a guest part, I suppose. I'm far too lazy to look on the unreliable IMDb.

No, wasn't Wendy in that...

Thanks for the link. Looked on the Carla Lane sitcom-ography.

I'd forgotten all about her show, Luv. That was truly awful, as I recall.