I'm Alan Partridge series 3?

After chatting with a friend about I'm Alan Partridge, we thought a good Idea for Series 3 would be to set it in the past during the run of Knowing Me, Knowing you. It would follow Alan and show what he got up to behind the scenes of Knowing Me, Knowing you (booking guests, script writing as well as his home life during this time).

The whole thing could be like a prequel to the two previous I'm Alan Partridge series.

As much as I'd like to see another series, as I love the Partridge. I think seeing his decline is much more of a natural way to go.

Maybe they could bring him back, focusing more on him doing the radio show in the same idea as yours?

Or stick him in a Big Brother type house and trap him with a load of "idiots". But then again, the less mention of reality TV on television, the better.

Quote: Leevil @ July 31 2009, 9:12 PM BST

Or stick him in a Big Brother type house and trap him with a load of "idiots".

Oh that would be great. :D

I heard there's still plans for a film.

Ricky Gervais did the whole Big Brother thing. Maybe I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!.

Or a Butlins camp host (Ted Bovis style)

"Alan can't hear you!"
"I think it's your accent actually, you should really work on your alliteration. You're very hard to understand. Just a suggestion...."
"Right ok, so here's young Billy (aged 4) to do some singing!"

Butlins would be good too! :D

I think Alan should perhaps return to his first love (and indeed his first job on radio & TV) as a sports reporter? Now middle-aged and basically one of those tired-looking men whose job it is to report/commentate on dreary midweek 2nd division fixtures, or present coverage of indoor bowls tournaments.

Also good.

Let's hope Steve drops by before he makes the inevitable "Alan Partridge's U.S. Vacation". ;)

Different sports each week - darts, golf, bowling etc.

Or commentating on the Tour De France, as he did in The Day Today...?

"The riders there... Rather like cattle in a mad sort of way..."

The great thing about his sports reporting was that he had almost zero interest or knowledge of the sports he was commentating on.

"I hope that's not a dead horse"!

"Goal! And another!"

Hi Jim. Can you please use capital letters? Would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/info/terms_of_use/#BoardRules

As to the thread, it's a good idea for a series, but wouldn't be I'm Alan Partridge any more.

I'm Still Alan Partridge, perhaps?

Nice!