Best TV Show of the Decade (Poll) Page 6

I am shocked by how accurate the list is. My only gripe would be for The Royle Family to be in there but I guess it is more or less a ninetiess sitcom.

Don't really object to Top Gear winning; it's a fantastic show and has stayed consistently good for years now.

But it is odd to me they would put together shows that are fictional and scripted and shows that are like Top Gear or QI, for that matter.

To choose between such amazing fictional shows (that are so different in style, though that's not really a problem) like Oz and Life on Mars, but if you throw in TV shows of all kinds into the mix, it's just ..impossible choice, all around.

Oh well. The TG fans are making my choice for me, it seems. ;)

Quote: sanniberry @ August 17 2009, 7:11 PM BST

To choose between such amazing fictional shows (that are so different in style, though that's not really a problem) like Oz and Life on Mars, but if you throw in TV shows of all kinds into the mix, it's just ..impossible choice, all around.

They should have just stuck to comedy and drama. Top Gear's okay, but it is tiresomely self-aware these days.

Top Gear is good at what it does but it is essentially a kids programme in which the lads drive the fast broom-brooms. To place it on a comparative list with superb grown-up drama such as the Wire, Sopranos or Oz is absurd.