Best TV Show of the Decade (Poll) Page 3

(From your nominations) The Sopranos

The Sopranos is quite comfortably the best TV drama ever made. May as well stop the count now.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 31 2009, 4:23 PM BST

The Sopranos is quite comfortably the best TV drama ever made. May as well stop the count now.

Seconded.

All very good choices for nominees, first opinion poll where I've seen at least 75% of the nominations.

I've stated previously that Firefly is the best show ever and my view hasn't changed.

Re: Top Gear. I'm a big fan. It has consistently produced some of the best drama and biggest laughs in recent years - and this from a magazine show that reviews cars.

The production values and cinematograpy are breathtaking at times and the chemistry between the three hosts is sublime. It has been the BBC's biggest success worldwide in terms of both audience and revenue. It is one of the few things you can point at in this day and age that makes you proud to be British.

For those who have never seen it, I would download the Top Gear Polar Special, one of the most enjoyable hour's worth of television I've ever seen.

Haha, Top Gear is number 1? Well that completely vindicates my post about this being nothing more than a meaningless popularity contest... Top Gear? Really? Entertaining maybe, but that's like voting for some sort of silly popcorn action movie in a list of the 10 greatest films of the past decade.

Here's how the polls currently stand:

1) Top Gear - 27.3%

2) QI - 11.2%

3) The Wire - 8.7%

4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 6.3%

5) The West Wing - 5.9%

Oh, just Top Gear to beat now, and there's plenty of time to do it in.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 31 2009, 7:11 PM BST

Here's how the polls currently stand:

1) Top Gear - 27.3%

2) QI - 11.2%

3) The Wire - 8.7%

4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer - 6.3%

5) The West Wing - 5.9%

Oh, just Top Gear to beat now, and there's plenty of time to do it in.

Buffy better than Dexter? Battlestar? Arrested Development? What toss.

More people have probably seen Top Gear than have seen The Wire. Out of that list I would choose The Office.

There are too many great shows in the list for me to pick one, but the ones I love are:

30 Rock
Arrested Development
Battlestar Galactica
Black Books
Dexter
Doctor Who
Jam
Life on Mars
Lost
Peep Show
Spaced
The Office

I have to say I was surprised that Jam made it onto the list. I liked the show, but I thought it wouldn't be something many people had heard of.

Not a bad list, I could happily endorse about half.

Ones I would add: Bodies, CSI, Futurama, Cranford, Bedtime, Jane Eyre, The Ghost Squad, Foyle's War, Spiral.

Yes, I would have liked to have seen Futurama their too. Not to mention Green Wing.

I think this weblink might explain why Top Gear is so far ahead.

http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/vote-rig-guardian-best-tv-show-of-the-noughties-37970/

The Big Bang Theory.

Agree with RC about Top Gear. And I really don't care about cars. But the Polar special was boring toss.

And Sal Paradise, every 'best' survey/vote/poll/thing ever is exactly the same.

I'm going to have to step in and defend Top Gear here I think... it is definitely one of the best shows of the decade in my opinion. Then again, my second love after comedy is cars, so I might be a bit biased.

Anyway, for what its worth, I voted for Peep Show. If I had a second vote I'd choose The Office.