Can absolutely anything be funny?

Can absolutely anything be funny? Or unfunny?

Yes.

Absolutely anything can be funny or unfunny, yes.

Quote: NoggetFred @ July 28 2009, 8:23 PM BST

Can absolutely anything be funny? Or unfunny?

Without a doubt it can.

Are some things funnier than others?

I'm not a homophobe but I saw two elderley gay men in town today. One of them had just bought a hat and was so pleased with it, he did a little dance. This made me laugh.

Although I also saw a dog today who looked like it's owner, that was also very funny.

Quote: NoggetFred @ July 28 2009, 8:34 PM BST

Are some things funnier than others?

Some threads are.

Some threads are totally pointless and unfunny i.e. most threads from a certain newcomer :)

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ July 28 2009, 8:44 PM BST

Some threads are totally pointless and unfunny i.e. most threads from a certain newcomer :)

You must be jesting now Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Of course I am

* Raises eyebrows*

Quote: Jacob Loves Comedy @ July 28 2009, 8:35 PM BST

I'm not a homophobe but I saw two elderley gay men in town today. One of them had just bought a hat and was so pleased with it, he did a little dance. This made me laugh.

I don't think it's homophobic to laugh at gay people. Unless there's fear or hate behind it.

The word 'homophobic' is a bit odd anyway, since it implies that people who don't like gays have an irrational fear of them. I'm sure it's possible to dislike something without fearing it irrationally. 'Anti-homoic' might be better, to keep in line with things like 'antisemetic'.

It is a fear normally though. A secret fear that they're gay or the fear that they're gonna get bummed.

I fear Nil Teary

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: "That's the ugliest baby that I've ever seen. Ugh!" The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: "The driver just insulted me!" The man says: "You go right up there and tell him off – go ahead, I'll hold your monkey for you