Scriptwriters' Toolkit: gift copy Page 2

I'm resurrecting this old topic, because the automatic 'dispensing' system for the Scriptwriter's Toolkit has been broken since about last October when Paypal increased security on some of their procedures.

Anyway this is now sorted out and working again by moving to a newer server at Zen and to celebrate I have dropped 30% off the Admin fee, so it's now about the same as 4 beers at a Wetherspoons pub (less expensive than most pubs) :)

But that's for non-BCG members anyway. A complimentary free copy is available to any real BCG member who asks for one by sending me a PM. There's a new procedure for actually getting it, but you get your own personal serial number.

I will PM the procedure to you when you ask for a copy.

The Scriptwriters Toolkit is a set of 14 templates for Microsoft Word which give you the ability to create perfectly formatted scripts with ease. It works with MS Word 2003 through MS Word 2010 and probably with even more recent ones like Word 2013 and Word 2016 (Office 365 etc) , though I've not yet had time to check these recent versions. It sort-of works on MS Word on MAC OS/X but needs the installation procedure sorted for that so it's not really ready for an Apple Mac at present.

For more indormation visit: http://www.datahighways.net/dhl/toolkit.htm

Two videos show how easy it is to use. The videos were made with old Word 2003, but the facilities are similar on more recent versions of Word.

U1. Starting a fresh script with MS Word 2003/XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVzHU5_HPwU

U2. Continuing your script, scene changes etc. with MS Word 2003/XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTTBCORBDxY

Note: Because I want to be fair to billwill, I will be clear as possible.

Quote: billwill @ 24th March 2016, 2:26 PM GMT

I'm resurrecting this old topic, because the automatic 'dispensing' system for the Scriptwriter's Toolkit has been broken since about last October when Paypal increased security on some of their procedures.

Still seems quite spammy to me I'm afraid, billwill, in constantly bumping the same thread. Can't you just make usual posts and stick things like that this in your signatures?

Giving genuine free copies of a tool for scriptwriting to writing members of a comedy forum is hardly spam, Paul

Other members of BCG are grateful.

Did you READ page 1 of this topic?

Just because it's a good service doesn't mean it's the kind of marketing BCG would approve of. You can't have one rule for good products and another rule for bad products.

What does Hawkeye say?

Paul really? You edited this post so you can point out to the whole world that you've a beef with Bill.

Grow up, if Bill was selling anything I'd understand but he's a BCG member for years giving something away for free. A member who's offered extensive technical and practical advice for free to anyone who asked or didn't or seemed vaguely curious.

This is just an extension of this. You're trolling a genuinely nice guy, who I don't think anyone has a bad word to say about.

Other than yourself.

Yes, I think f**k off was a decent response. But it does devalue the product spamming about it. It's nothing personal with billwill, anyhow.

Billwill's offer appears genuine and generous. As such, I think it's deserving of praise rather than censure.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't know billwill and although I've never used his services I would consider doing so.

What I respectfully ask Paul to reflect on is how well his posts fit with the generally supportive ethos within the BCG community. At the same time, he might also usefully consider the impression his posts make in advertising his own services as a freelance writer for hire.

I can't help what I think, Quill. Besides he did start it 7 years ago and no one else has complained, so that's a good innings?

Hi Bill,

Is the offer still open?

Feel like trying to write something again - just so i can have what is left of my self esteem stamped on by some 14 year old intern at the BEEB

Regards

Playfull

Offer is still open. But not this weekend as I'm up to my ears in arrangements for our olde school reunion.

Send me an email next week to billwill_2017 (at) datahighways.co.uk as I'll need your email address anyway.

Will do.

Thanks Bill