Sitcoms/Sketch shows I have never seen

Just a list of some perhaps well known shows I have never seen. Let me know whether you recommend any of them highly:

After You've Gone
The Army Game
Beggar My Neighbour
Black Books
Big Train
Bless This House
Butterflies
Citizen Smith
Don't Wait Up
Drop The Dead Donkey
Ever Decreasing Circles
Fonejacker
The Goodies
In Sickness and In Health
The Inbetweeners
Ideal
Love Thy Neighbour
The Likely Lads
Nighty Night
On The Buses
The Thick of It
Terry & June
To The Manor Born
15 Storeys High

There are a bunch here I haven't seen either, but of the ones I have seen I'd recommend the following:

Black Books
Big Train
Drop The Dead Donkey
The Inbetweeners
Nighty Night
The Thick of It
15 Storeys High

Everything The Bussell says plus Ever Decreasing Circles

Butterflies is probably worth a watch too, to be honest.

Dan

In Sickness And In Health and Citizen Smith were great and I loved The Goodies, but I suspect it has dated pretty badly. It's been a while since I've seen that.

There's only 4 or 5 I haven't seen on that list and I could sit down and watch the rest without being too upset. I'd just make a note of the era and if you don't rate it that highly generally, stick to a period you're more familiar with.

I tend to like comedy of all periods. In my DVD collection I have Laurel & Hardy right through to The Office/Extras etc.

Erm...?

Bugger, I can't think of many things that I haven't watched at least once.

I've never watched a full episode of Ideal.

Quote: Leevil @ July 28 2009, 12:13 PM BST

You're really singing its praises then :)

The surviving episodes of The Likely Lads, though perhaps they do not reach the sublime heights of Whatever Happened To...
Butterflies is rather sweet.
The first couple of series of In Sickness and in Health
Loved The Goodies as a kid, but I suspect it has aged dreadfully.
Ever Decreasing Circles is a show I would like to se again now I am older, and perhaps more able to appreciate.

Quote: Leevil @ July 28 2009, 12:13 PM BST

You should, it's great stuff.

How come I didn't get through a whole episode then? Pleased Nah, I'll give it another try sometime.

You probably got distracted. ;) You need to watch the whole series, as the later ones are better.

The 3 that stand out from the rest, for me, are Black Books, Drop the Dead Donkey and Big Train.

Quote: Timbo @ July 28 2009, 12:16 PM BST

Loved The Goodies as a kid, but I suspect it has aged dreadfully.
Ever Decreasing Circles is a show I would like to se again now I am older, and perhaps more able to appreciate.

Agree on both counts. I don't think I was of an age that could appreciate the performances in that sit-com. Free copy anyone? Myself and Timbo can curl up on the settee have a quick cuddle and watch a few episodes (no tongues mind).

And Black Books is on the Channel 4 web site if you're interested.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 28 2009, 12:28 PM BST

You probably got distracted. ;) You need to watch the whole series, as the later ones are better.

I would've thought that would've been the best way to watch such programme? Although it depends on what you mean by distracted really lol.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 28 2009, 12:28 PM BST

Probably a SDI. Sandwich Distraction Incident.