What's the name of the show?

Hi, I remember watching this comedy programme a few years ago.. but can't remember much about it.

I know that it centred around this woman who was together with this man. But she doesn't like him. She wants to be with some other guy. One way she tries to get rid of her partner is by convincing him he has a tumour, and I remember one scene where she has dressed him in a diaper and is showering him with cold water to try and make him ill.

There is another guy (I think his name is Glen), and he likes the main female character. He has a twitch on his face where is mouth opens and shuts to the side a bit, and I think he has an accent.

In one scene, the main female character kills "Glen" by poison and he dies whilst twitching.

I know this information is a bit... well, uninformative...

But if you can help, please do!

Thanks in advance.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/nighty_night/

:)

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

:)

Quote: Griff @ July 26 2009, 8:07 PM BST

Doh! zooo beat me to it.

*slinks off, humiliated*

Mwahaha, that's what you get for providing a picture. ;)

Good work team!

Scooby snacks all round!

Sounds a bundle of laughs . . . . :(

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 26 2009, 8:58 PM BST

Sounds a bundle of laughs . . . . :(

It was. But not to everyone's taste.

The first series was very good. The second? Mmmnnn... literally lost the plot.

This show was amazing. I agree the second series wasn't as good but I sort of applaud Julia Davis for experimenting and not just regurgitating the same old stuff endlessly. I can't think of a successful show that has completely changed its setting after the first series (aprt from Blackadder, though that wasn't successful in its first series anyway).
Human Remains (which Davis wrote with Rob Brydon) was even better than Nighty Night, and in my oppinion one of the greatest sitcoms ever.

Edited by Aaron.

'Human Remains' was brilliant, but it wasn't a sitcom.

I can understand the reasoning but I feel it was a sitcom. Each episode was a perfect stand alone sitcom pilot.

Edited by Aaron.

I loved Nighty Night - and it showed Ruth Jones' versatility.

Yes she was good in it. I think if the part was played by a different actress it could have just been an awful cliched bullied fat girl character.

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ July 26 2009, 10:56 PM BST

I can't think of a successful show that has completely changed its setting after the first series

There's a reason for that.

Quote: Sebastian Orange-News @ July 26 2009, 10:56 PM BST

I can't think of a successful show that has completely changed its setting after the first series.

The Wire.