Has anyone mentioned Doc Martin yet? Page 2

Can't wait. I watch so little of our TV anymore...

Then it's ending apparently.

Back on topic; Doc Martin gives me a nice warm feeling, it's hardly groundbreaking comedy (or drama) but it's 'nice'.

Exactly. Maybe a bit twee, but I don't think it pretends to be anything else.

My Dad likes it.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ July 25 2009, 10:16 PM BST

My Dad likes it.

If he didn't, you wouldn't be here.

Quote: Aaron @ July 25 2009, 10:36 PM BST

If he didn't, you wouldn't be here.

Haha
:)

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 25 2009, 3:40 PM BST

ITV deserves to reap all the shit it has sown. Aspiring to mediocrity and underestimating their audience has ultimately led to the parlous state they find themselves in.

Aaron endorses this product observation and/or event.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 25 2009, 5:51 PM BST

Can't wait. I watch so little of our TV anymore...

That's because it's crap. What is all this about HBO? It's a bit like the King's new clothes. You can't criticise it!

Anyway - I'm sure there's already a thread on this. And basically it is Comedy Drama. I like it - and Caroline Catz makes it unmissable.

I do like most of the stuff on HBO. But network TV is just rubbish. There are a couple of good shows here and there, but that's it. In all honesty, I mostly watch BBC America, PBS, HBO and the classic movie channels.

On Doc Martin: Our local PBS station just finished airing this, and I'm curious to see how the show will end. It's not terrible, but it could be so much better.

Lovely scenery though.

I'm going down to that part of the world in September to have a look.

Good for you. I'm happy watching it on telly personally. Less hassle.

Looking forward to series 4. Only three weeks to go-ish.

I like the show but I think they are becoming too sarcastic. I hope the writers don't ruin it. The show was a breath of fresh air when I first started watching it. A small, beautiful village. Ordinary people who were not nasty or snotty. If too much sarcasm is allowed in, like it seems is happening, it will just become one more unpleasant TV show. Who needs negativity ? What is so funny or entertaining about people being cutting with each other ? I've seen a few stupid scenes and I hope it doesn't get worse. It just leaves me with a feeling of nausea when it gets unpleasant. Like right, after dealing with weasels in my own day to day life , like I need to also watch them on TV ? I hope the writers just stick to the strengths of the village instead of making everyone a smart-mouth. Also just scenes that are in bad taste, they've done a few of those already.

What made it so nice for me anyway, was that it seemed like a dream of the past when people were simply nicer, {with the exception of the character of "Doc Martin" of course}.

I'm a fan of this series but I do hope going forward they change their strategy of treatment of animals. Doc Martin's handling of the dog who latches on to him is offensive to anyone who cares about animals.

Quote: Pinto @ August 21 2013, 2:36 PM BST

I'm a fan of this series but I do hope going forward they change their strategy of treatment of animals. Doc Martin's handling of the dog who latches on to him is offensive to anyone who cares about animals.

Oh f**k off! It;s comedy drama. Some people are really like that. This is NOT REAL!!!