Janine Duvitski Page 2

Ah. Cheers. Was it really "screamingly funny"?

Maybe screamingly is a bit OTT but it certainly was a top drawer sitcom.

Well, it would be with that line up !

Not available unless you ask the right people but well worth it.

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 25 2009, 12:24 AM BST

Anyhow, entertaining as all this may be, back to the subject of Janine Duvitski . . don't forget her role in Cowboys !

Ha, exactly what I thought of. :)

I also saw her in an episode of Happy Ever After on Thursday. (The precursor to Terry & June.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 25 2009, 12:45 AM BST

Ah. Cheers. Was it really "screamingly funny"?

It was pretty bloody good, yes.

If I can ever decide how to list the final 2 episodes, I'll publish our guide to it.

First thing I can recall seeing her in was an ad for Branston Pickle, but yeah she is a good actress, particularly in Waiting For God and The Worst Week Of My Life. She was also in Citizen Smith for a couple of episodes as a girlfriend of Ken.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 25 2009, 12:27 AM BST

How could we?

What was 'Cowboys'?

A Roy Kinnear comedy I believe.

She is very talented but I do feel she is quite lucky to have got in so many classic shows. There must be millions of competent middle-aged actresses whose opportunities in sitcoms have been blocked by her. I remember a few years for some weird reason BBC One had an hour long prime time documentary about her family.

Quote: peter gazzard @ July 25 2009, 9:42 PM BST

A Roy Kinnear comedy I believe.

Correct.

A very good one.

Am I the only person who thinks 'Duvitski' sounds like a brand name for the type of biscuits one might find on the shelves of a continental supermarket?

I suspect she would prefer to be remembered for her performances in Blue Remembered Hills and Abigail's Party, rather than in Happy Ever After.