Anyone for Eggheads?

I frequently watch this and am amazed.

Why do the challengers never know some of the most basic of general knowledge.

Why are most of the teams of a similar age - ie all in their 20s or all in their 50s?

You need a balance of ages and knowledge.

Would anyone be interested in POSSIBLY putting a BCG team together?

I'd love to try myself against Judith.

Pardon?

I have no idea how to fix your thread title...

I think... I think!

He means Eggheads

And it's a programme that is so nerdy even I'm not geeky enough to enjoy it.

You won't be able to use Google, David. And if it's general knowledge, won't anything post-1900 make it hard for you?

Watching this now.

I'd be up for it. :)

It's funny when they ask a 65 year old vicar what the name of sporty spice was and him getting it right after 2 seconds of thinking.

I'm pretty good at general knowledge. Especially about fashion, history and literature. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 22 2009, 6:28 PM BST

I'm pretty good at general knowledge. Especially about fashion, history and literature. :)

I'm generally ok at it.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 22 2009, 6:28 PM BST

Is fashion general knowledge?

I know f**k all. Sign me up biatch!

We should have a team quiz on here. I know we can't do real time and there's a chance of Google-cheaters. But it would be fun.

I think a team of Gav, Nil, Paul W and myself could take anyone on (in a food eating contest).

Quote: Leevil @ July 22 2009, 6:59 PM BST

We should have a team quiz on here. I know we can't do real time and there's a chance of Google-cheaters. But it would be fun.

I think a team of Gav, Nil, Paul W and myself could take anyone on (in a food eating contest).

Speak for yourself Lardo.

I did >_<

Yes, we're on to a winner.

Quote: Leevil @ July 22 2009, 7:00 PM BST

I did >_<

Yes, we're on to a winner.

Oh yeh.I gotta start reading these messages.

Quote: Gavin @ July 22 2009, 7:02 PM BST

Oh yeh.I gotta start reading these messages.

Don't bother. You seem to be good at coasting it. Well, most of the time anyway.