Grandad or Uncle Albert? Page 7

Durrrrring the war (OH GAWD Rolling eyes )
Its got to be Buster in my book.

Buster was simply superb as Uncle Albert, where even though Lennard Pearce was a very accomplished actor, I found Grandad to be less likeable as a character, with not that many memorable funny moments compared to Albert.

'Grandad' was the better actor in my opinion, but as the years went past, 'Uncle Albert' was clearly the funnier character.

All the best,
Cal :)

Uncle Albert During the war :)

Uncle Albert

I'd f**k Uncle Albert as he has more experience of things exploding in front of his face.

When Bon Scott died the boys in AC/DC replaced him with a ridiculous cartoonish impersonator with a mickey Mouse voice. If I had a time machine I'd bring Bon back.
The thing with OFAH is completely different. Buster Merryfield didn't copy Pierce. He took the role of the "oldest Trotter" into a different direction (more activity, more slapstick). Both had their strengths. I couldn't decide who's better. I'm glad experienced both.

Favourite quotes:

Grandad: "Sun my arse!"

Albert (to the young hostage-taker): "Can't you come back first thing in the morning?"

UNCLE ALBERT DEFINITELY!

I find grandad a bit boring and repetitive, tbh

"We're sorry,we're sorry,we're sorry Uncle Albert"

HA

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ December 30 2012, 10:43 PM GMT

I FIND GRANDAD A BIT BORING AND REPETITIVE!

Ummm...

There's no need to shout.

Grandad was funny when he said the drug addiction bit.

I always change my mind, but probably Albert, Grandad was a bit grumpy.

They're both great in their own right, but Albert's great timing wins it for me.

Albert's "big moment":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrf_XevDIqY