Grandad or Uncle Albert? Page 6

Please cease this line of discussion and keep on topic.

Hee-hee!

Grandad.

Grandad

Did I ever tell you about the time I went off topic in the South China Sea ?

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 5 2009, 8:52 PM BST

Did I ever tell you about the time I went off topic in the South China Sea ?

Was it with Grandad or Uncle Albert?

Well, hard one to call, but I'd probably go for Uncle Albert.

:S Very hard to say - I laugh more at Uncle Albert, but Grandad did have some classic moments himself... I reckon Albert though, Buster Merryfield was excellent. One of his scenes in particular - where Rodney has separated from Cassandra and is taking a girl out. Del is appalled and convinces Albert that they have to make Rodney think they're morally outraged. As Del puts it "Act like you've seen a U-boat off the starboard bow!". The noise that Uncle Albert makes... and he keeps doing it at the wrong moment - "Ughhhhh!!!!" makes my ribs hurt still... And David Jason, whom you RARELY see corpsing - does so a few times in that scene.

Yes, I think Albert swings it! :D

Grandad

Quote: The Comedy Guy @ September 10 2009, 3:14 PM BST

:S Very hard to say - I laugh more at Uncle Albert, but Grandad did have some classic moments himself... I reckon Albert though, Buster Merryfield was excellent. One of his scenes in particular - where Rodney has separated from Cassandra and is taking a girl out. Del is appalled and convinces Albert that they have to make Rodney think they're morally outraged. As Del puts it "Act like you've seen a U-boat off the starboard bow!". The noise that Uncle Albert makes... and he keeps doing it at the wrong moment - "Ughhhhh!!!!" makes my ribs hurt still... And David Jason, whom you RARELY see corpsing - does so a few times in that scene.

Yes, I think Albert swings it! :D

Oh dear, I burst out laughing just remembering that scene. :D

Which episode is it from though?

Quote: Aaron @ September 12 2009, 11:01 PM BST

Oh dear, I burst out laughing just remembering that scene. :D

Which episode is it from though?

If I remember rightly, I think it's from 'Rodney Come Home'.

Grandad or Uncle Albert? Come on, boffins! 84 posts and we still haven't got an answer!! Angry

Uncle Albert!

(Although common consensus would seem to say Grandad - but I suspect that's because he was first, and thus it didn't feel right when UA took over.)

Yes, it's exactly like the two Darrens on Bewitched. Only this was a good show, and the two guys weren't assholes to work with, and neither one was gay...wait, okay it's nothing like it. Sorry.

Definitely Uncle Albert!

Yeah I thought it was "Rodney Come Home"... :D