Grandad or Uncle Albert? Page 5

Quote: Mike88 @ August 1 2009, 8:31 AM BST

Sorry but I loathe Only Fools And Horses! Repeated to death and most episodes are so drawn out it is unbelievable. In my top 10 worst sitcoms ever!

No problem.

The gun has six bullets.

:)

My favourite is got to be Uncle Albert (Buster Merryfield), rest his soul. Has anyone heared anymore about the new spin-off due next year. I think it's called "Sex, Rock and Chips".

Quote: goldenlinx @ August 4 2009, 10:39 AM BST

I think it's called "Sex, Rock and Chips".

What a dreadful title.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 4 2009, 11:19 AM BST

What a dreadful title.

I think it's called Sex, Drugs and Rock'n'Chips

Quote: chipolata @ August 4 2009, 11:22 AM BST

I think it's called Sex, Drugs and Rock'n'Chips

Even so, still dreadful.

Agreed. And flogging dead fools and horses doesn't work.

They should called it Sex, Drugs and a big Beeb cheque, with chips.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 4 2009, 11:51 AM BST

Agreed. And flogging dead fools and horses doesn't work.

True

Why can't John Sullivan just move on and write something that is not related to OFAH?

Because he can't, would be the sad but possibly honest answer. The guy has written so many good shows over the years. Very few good comedy writers come up with one hit, let alone a string of them. There are reasons for this.

I'm also of the opinion that comedy "runs out" to an extent, both amongst writers and performers. There seems to be finite amount of "funny" in the tank, which can't be refilled. Perhaps he should move on to a comedy-drama or just straight drama, instead of aiming for another sitcom?

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 4 2009, 11:18 PM BST

Because he can't, would be the sad but possibly honest answer. The guy has written so many good shows over the years. Very few good comedy writers come up with one hit, let alone a string of them. There are reasons for this.

I'm also of the opinion that comedy "runs out" to an extent, both amongst writers and performers. There seems to be finite amount of "funny" in the tank, which can't be refilled. Perhaps he should move on to a comedy-drama or just straight drama, instead of aiming for another sitcom?

And to be fair, the BBC probably offer him huge amounts of cash to do OFAH related projects, knowing full well that whatever the quality they can shove them out and get big ratings. At least initially. It's the TV equivalent of a huge opening weekend.

Quote: goldenlinx @ August 4 2009, 10:39 AM BST

My favourite is got to be Uncle Albert (Buster Merryfield), rest his soul. Has anyone heared anymore about the new spin-off due next year. I think it's called "Sex, Rock and Chips".

Do you know what site you're on?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/sex_drugs_rock_chips/

Play nice, Aaron. :D

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2009, 2:36 PM BST

Do you know what site you're on?

To be fair, how many bother with anything other than the forums? Personally all I'm interested in are Bishop and Douch updates, and new blackdahlia1 threads.

Don't forget The Daily Liar, Chip! I hear the next one's going to be hilarious. Probably something about Harriet Harman turning into Davros and unleashing a rampaging army of Daleks charged with enforcing equality in the workplace - "Equibrilate! Equibrilate!". Hee-hee, something like that. (I'm laughing just thinking about what those guys get away with!)