The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 741

The National League play-off semi-final Wrexham 4 Grimsby 5 sounds like some game.

The Champions League Final tonight is free to view on BT's Youtube channel.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th May 2022, 5:03 PM

The National League play-off semi-final Wrexham 4 Grimsby 5 sounds like some game.

I wanted the winner of that match to win the final and still do.

Grimsby have the best inflatables.

Fish.

Good lucks to Liverpool against Real Sociedad tonight.

Somethings up in Paris.
Scousers having trouble getting in.

It's live on YouTube

BT streaming it free

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th May 2022, 9:06 PM

It's live on YouTube

BT streaming it free

You heard it here first folks:

Oh dear.

Until tonight, I have genuinely felt that the best matches Liverpool have played all this seasons were the ones where Jurgen Klopp was selected as their managers.

They should give the cup to Thibaut Courtois.
He pretty well won it on his own.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 28th May 2022, 7:46 PM

I wanted the winner of that match to win the final and still do.

Grimsby have the best inflatables.

Fish.

Of the four semi-finalists I'd like to see Solihull Moors win through. The others have all had their chances in the league over many years.

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th May 2022, 10:13 AM

They should give the cup to Thibaut Courtois.
He pretty well won it on his own.

Yes and no. Yes he saved very well but I'm coming down on the side of Liverpool lacking something in the big games, three finals this year and not a single goal from them in 330mins plus injury time. 24 shots to 4, 9 on target to 1 and they lost in normal time. That's a shocking stat for a team who've knocked goals in for fun in league games. Klopp does have a long record now of cup final flops, maybe it's him.

Well, Klopp won the last two - against us! (Chelsea btw)
No - Liverpool were poor, but RM weren't't exactly peppering the Scouse goal with shots.
Courtois MotM for me.

In the old days of cup final replays they would've counted as two draws.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th May 2022, 4:16 PM

In the old days of cup final replays they would've counted as two draws.

Agreed.
We'd have got 'em in the end.

It was brilliant. I watched it. So many twists and turns.

On another point I notice that Liverpool got to 3 Cup Finals this season and couldn't score in any of them.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th May 2022, 4:03 PM

Yes and no. Yes he saved very well but I'm coming down on the side of Liverpool lacking something in the big games, three finals this year and not a single goal from them in 330mins plus injury time. 24 shots to 4, 9 on target to 1 and they lost in normal time. That's a shocking stat for a team who've knocked goals in for fun in league games. Klopp does have a long record now of cup final flops, maybe it's him.

I didn't notice this when I posted!

Its nice to see Forest back , the leagues starting to look more like it use to. So once Brentford get back to making nylons and the Owls or the Blades replace them . Then all we'll need then is for ITV to throw some wrestling on before the final scores. That way I can peel the spuds on some newspaper in the living room watching a bit of Mick Manus fighting Jackie Palo while I wait to check my pools.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th May 2022, 5:32 PM

Btw it's half time, I'm drinking a Heineken at £8 a pop. I'm never coming down to the smoke ever again.

You're lucky. Couldn't even get a cup of tea or coffee at the FA Vase final last Sunday. The only such outlet was closed. Free water though.