The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 740

And now Patrick Vierra kicks a pitch invader. This is getting ridiculous.

A quick quiz question for anyone who didn't watch that Aston Villa documentary on BT Sport that I managed to record accidentally.

Approximately how many bottles of Champagne does it take to fill the European Cup?

The Buzzer has gone 17 apparently

Leeds aren't going anywhere, except to your clubs next season to kick your arses for wanting them to go down. Some football fans you are, rather have boring drawing Burnley than a team that lit up the prem with high scoring games last season. Not you Teddy, you recognise class, the others here, watch your arse.

I remember being at Goodison Park for the last match of the 1993/94 season for the culmination of a previous Everton flirt with relegation when they again extricated themselves in similarly extraordinary circumstances by winning 3-2 (v Wimbledon), coming back from 2-0 down. On that occasion the referee gave them a highly dubious penalty and then they scored two goals in the last 10 minutes, one of which should have been saved easily by Hans Segers, leading to questions being asked in some quarters.

Next time Everton are in relegation trouble, back them to win their final home game of the season 3-2 after being 2-0 down.

We need Mulder And Scully to look into this

Questions that are asked in quarters never get resolved because the other three quarters often contain the answer. I was at that game myself with my lad it was horrific.

Everyone's doing a lap of appreciations.

I have just done one all around my cul de sacs.

And I haven't won a match all season.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th May 2022, 9:08 PM

And I'm ecstatic that my second team York City are up to "Division 5" in what is our centenary year and sadly just as the pictures come through of the demolition of Bootham Crescent. I cried when I heard the result. It has been a very hard few years but now we are a step closer to being in the Football League again. Congratulations too to Dorking Wanderers who you mentioned for qualifying in a similar way but from National League South.

For now, it is over to the mighty Minstermen with a bit of help from Rag n Bone Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdyuYFf83uU

So good of United to wear light blue shirts in honour of their Championship winning neighbours.

Also why oh why do players continue to take off their shirts when they score? They know it's a yellow card and the Brentford player went on to make a bookable foul. Bloody idiot!

And why do players wear a training bra?

Anyway. Brilliant that City won the league. Otherwise that other lot would be unbearable!

Some struggling football teams could do a lot worse than going for Emma Hayes as manager.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th May 2022, 9:42 PM

Some struggling football teams could do a lot worse than going for Emma Hayes as manager.

Or Melvyn Hayes.

That's another good option.