The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 738

Looking forward to the Cup final tomorrow
Although if it goes to 22 penalties or more again they may have to postpone Eurovision

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th May 2022, 12:37 AM

Looking forward to the Cup final tomorrow
Although if it goes to 22 penalties or more again they may have to postpone Eurovision

As a South Londoner who supports a fairly local team which is how it should be Come on you blues!

Yup
Cockney red here
And I've never even been to Liverpool. although I plan to visit this year as I'm a bit of a Beatles fan

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th May 2022, 12:50 AM

Yup
Cockney red here
And I've never even been to Liverpool. although I plan to visit this year as I'm a bit of a Beatles fan

I've got a mate who is the same. Weird!

In other football news, there will be a new name in the Scottish League next season, Bonnyrigg Rose beating Cowdenbeath 4-0 on aggregate for the right to play in League 2.

Hopefully next time they'll do away with the first 120 minutes and just have the penalties.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th May 2022, 5:42 PM

In other football news, there will be a new name in the Scottish League next season, Bonnyrigg Rose beating Cowdenbeath 4-0 on aggregate for the right to play in League 2.

In other news the mighty York City reached the play off final and sadly lovely Arbroath didn't get the bit of success we all wanted for them.

But anyways, well done to Liverpools who I wanted to win.

Liverandspudlians will be celebrating tonight.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.TFgNiVXfq2KSLa-y8MTwuQHaEP?w=296&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

Beaten that way twice is just taking the piss.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th May 2022, 7:44 PM

In other news the mighty York City reached the play off final

As of course have the mighty Dorking Wanderers in the Southern division.

There was a Rizla paper between the two teams in both finals
I'm a Liverpool fan but Chelsea were unlucky to lose on a practical coin flip twice
They are quite an impressive team
They are still the European Champs though for a couple of weeks

I thought they won the toss and got the usually big advantage of going first? But were the first to miss, with a poor penalty kick, handing the advantage to Liverpool. I'd say it was more like piece of cardboard than a rizla, it's like Chelsea were still getting on the bus in the first half. They definitely won the extra time though, as Liverpool looked half the team without Salah, and Jota's finishing was woeful. As was Larkuko's who'll be off to some Italian team again in a month.

An entertaining 0-0 but surely with all the clever stats on offer they can declare a winner over 120 mins before the lottery of penalties??? I've never understood why they don't use them to give the clear attacking team the win. Wasn't much in it this game but how many times have the very defensive Italians just parked the bus then won on penalties? Too many.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th May 2022, 7:42 PM

Hopefully next time they'll do away with the first 120 minutes and just have the penalties.

It feels like it's every other final now that goes to penalties, yes. If they went to stats instead it would transform most matches, leaving just the odd genuinely close game like yesterday's to be decided on spot kicks.

There is a woman commentator on BT sport's and other broadcasts that is the most annoying commentator ever.
She babbles on all throughout the match with a grating horrible voice and never shuts up.
Not only that, she says the most stupid things as if she is talking to children.
'you can't win a match if you don't score.
If the ball comes off a defender, it's a corner. etc etc

She mis-names players, especially the foreign ones.
I have to turn off or watch another game.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th May 2022, 8:08 PM

Beaten that way twice is just taking the piss.

They couldn't score (again) except through penalties.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th May 2022, 9:31 PM

There was a Rizla paper between the two teams in both finals
I'm a Liverpool fan but Chelsea were unlucky to lose on a practical coin flip twice
They are quite an impressive team
They are still the European Champs though for a couple of weeks

And World Champions.

Come on Southampton. Well we can't have them winning everything can we. They'd be unbearable.

HTAFC through to the Wembley final playoff.