The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 722

Alfred J Kipper

• Sunday 27th June 2021, 9:35pm
  • Aldershot, England
  • 6,633 posts
Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th June 2021, 1:19 PM

I have a seat back from the old Wembley Stadium in my lounge. Number 67.

You lucky old thing. No. 66 would've been even better. Much more impressed by the shirt though, surely not a 66 Winners shirt? :O Be worth millions. The names on it are right. :O ?

Billy Bunter

• Sunday 27th June 2021, 10:37pm [Edited]
  • The Sussex Coast, England
  • 1,683 posts
Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th June 2021, 9:35 PM

You lucky old thing. No. 66 would've been even better. Much more impressed by the shirt though, surely not a 66 Winners shirt? :O Be worth millions. The names on it are right. :O ?

It is not an original shirt of course. It is a replica shirt signed & raffled for charity at each venue of the 40th anniversary tour in 2006. It is obviously not signed by Bobby Moore, who was already deceased by then, nor by Bobby Charlton, who was not part of that tour (which is why I have separate signed memorabilia by those two adjacent to it to complete the set). It is, though, signed by the other nine players who played in the final including Alan Ball, who died just some nine months later.

Steve Sunshine

• Sunday 27th June 2021, 11:36pm
  • Dagenham, England
  • 14,945 posts

I do have Kenny Dalglishes autograph in a book and on a lampshade after meeting him in Chelmsford Asda when he was doing a signing when I was 8 or so , I still regret not showing more excitement to my Mum who took me, but come on, despite being a Liverpool fan he can come across as a miserable git even though he isn't

I much preferred meeting Trevor Brooking a couple of years later when I was supposed to be waiting in the car in the carpark of a Romford Supermarket, I spotted him Jumped out told him he was Trevor Brooking which he agreed with and we had a nice quick chat on the way to his car he told me he was off to Scotland to play a few pre season games with West Ham

And the next day when I saw it was all true and West Ham were in Scotland it confirmed his status as the nicest footballer ever in my young eyes

Chappers

• Monday 28th June 2021, 6:06pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 32,347 posts

Apart from dozens of Chelsea autographs over the years I met both George Best and Jimmy Greaves at different corporate events.

Steve Sunshine

• Monday 28th June 2021, 7:47pm
  • Dagenham, England
  • 14,945 posts

Nice
( and may suggest Chappers likes a drink, if he's attracting those types )

Billy Bunter

• Saturday 10th July 2021, 12:06pm
  • The Sussex Coast, England
  • 1,683 posts

Sad to hear of Paul Mariner's death at age 68.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Saturday 10th July 2021, 12:15pm
  • England
  • 19,414 posts
Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th July 2021, 12:06 PM

Sad to hear of Paul Mariner's death at age 68.

Oh dear. :( I can clearly remember his first game at Portman Road when he signed from PA. He was a very popular player with a lovely sense of humour, which I witnessed at close quarters when I used to sit with the pro photographers behind the goal.

Member of the 1978 FA Cup Final team of course, when they beat the Gunners.

That late 70s Town team were superb.

Rest In Peace Mr Mariner.