The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 714

And live football attendance continues to rise.
Best thing that has happened to football in a long time.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th April 2021, 10:15 AM

I remember when the only live match each season was the FA Cup Final.

I remember that...............all too clearly. :(

For me the crux is that this is not even competitive, its a group of shithouses that expect teams to play them by their invite and if their 'guests' win it doesn't matter.
This is six billionaires taking away our heritage, if they were taking away 'Salisbury Cathedral' brick by brick to put in Utah there would be matched pairs of Purdeys being produced all over the House of Lords and service revolvers being waved in the commons.

You're right, Teddy.
This is very different to the changes that happened when the Premiership started to attract big money & TV rights.
A non-competitive league isn't a league - it's a showcase.
On the brighter side, it would ensure that Tottenham will literally never get any silverware. Ever.

Sky got a tweet from Brentford who could win the EFL cup by tea time if the Spuds and the Mancs get sanctioned.
On a serious note I think Man City will pull out first as they are in the middle of washing their dough by creating a legacy in Manchester and the last thing they need is more money to wash when they already have a shed load still to do.

Chelsea and City the less keen of the six, apparently.
Also those least in debt, coincidentally(?)

Talking of costs in the 'good old days' I used to buy a schoolboy season ticket for Bradford Northern for 2/6d. A weekend milk round paid for it.

I did a 'Double Click' on the turnstiles for about ten seasons on the trot, including Wembley , never failed once to get in a game that was ticket only home or away.

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th April 2021, 12:42 PM

Yep seems Chelsea want to pull out

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th April 2021, 7:01 PM

Yep seems Chelsea want to pull out

And City!

It'll all collapse now

Last in. First out.

This is collapsing but John Henry is a Hedge Funder and well use to hostile activity in his dealings. He is also acutely aware that JP Morgan are likely to become litigious as they will see themselves as having a 23 year signed contract and there is no f**king way on gods earth they will take a haircut on the deal. So I suspect that FSG will be last so that they can blame others and avoid the shit storm of court cases coming down from JP Morgan who could end up owning Man U and Liverpool as part of their court settlement which would be hilarious in the extreme.

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th April 2021, 12:42 PM

Proud to see that Chelsea are withdrawing. I'm sure City will follow and that will just leave the red Yanks and nobody will miss them.

My heart bleeds for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56812151

Quote: Chappers @ 20th April 2021, 10:13 PM

My heart bleeds for them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56812151

They want a reality check on the obscene amounts of money they pay players, before they look elsewhere.

I see the Manure exec. has resigned, and I only mention it so I can crack the old Callan joke of what do you call a man with three wooden heads?