The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 664

Congrats Stephen - enjoy The Prem. next season................................for as long it lasts. Whistling nnocently

Thanks Herc. Nobody has any illusions about our future in the holiest of holy's (pulp fiction quote about a completely different subject)
But Bradford City (our arch rivals) managed to stay up for a couple of seasons (just) and remember Rodney Marsh, a then Sky sports presenter saying 'if Bradford City stay up, i'll shave all my hair off.
The next seasons opening BC game, he sat on a chair in the middle of the pitch and had his head shaved. :D :D
We will live on 'ya never know'

In a Bradford City shirt too

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th May 2017, 8:38 AM

Huddersfield Town in the Premiership!

Just had to write that line to see how it looked.

Yeah, looks good.

..with the coolest-looking stadium in the UK,.

It'll take a team of Peles and Cruyffs to do it justice. Don't hold your breath.

Apparently Diego Costa has been told by Chelsea that they don't want him anymore.

Looks like the return of Lukaku.

Costa was a dirty bastard.

Quote: Will Cam @ 8th June 2017, 10:30 PM

Costa was a dirty bastard.

I think that was the main problem although Drogba started off a bit like this but developed into an icon.

Go on then, we'll have him

Just looking at the Laws of the Game for last season to refresh my memory. I noticed the following:-
•'Referee can not 'manufacture' outcome of a dropped ball. How many times have we seen this law broken?

Kick offs need not go forward. However a player should not be in the opponents half so how can they kick it backwards?

Very tough opening fixture for Huddersfield.

;)

Newcastle innit?
Had a look at the fixtures when they were published, we don't meet any big boys until November.
We might have out foot in the door by then (or not)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th June 2017, 3:25 PM

Newcastle innit?

No.

..we don't meet any big boys until November.

You've got the big boys away in your first game. ;)

Ahh Crystal Palace away.

Sutton United's star player Roarie Deacon has got a dream move. Scottish Premiership Dundee.

I'll be following them next season.

Had a look at the fixtures when they were published, we don't meet any big boys until November.
(or not)

Apart from Tottenham, Man Utd & Liverpool Errr

I was obviously overcome and too giddy when I read the fixtures.
Takes a bit of settling down after not being in the top flight for over 40 years.