The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 382

Exciting second half with some good goals by England. They shouldn't really have been going behind to Sweden though.

Good win. :)

Well done England.
I loved it.
It was so England to score against Sweden & be pegged back & overtaken.
& very un England to then turn it around with two terrific goals.
They could easily lose against Ukraine & go out.
But today I'm a happy English man & England fan.

Well chuffed for Walcott. Good England performance. Mostly. In an optimistic way.
19th should be bloody good, glad we chose that for BCG footie drinks

Today is the footie day I was most looking forward to apart from our group and I have woken up feeling shoddy. Must... crawl... to pub... two screens... have..to..watch

I bravely battled through high winds and considerable distress and one of their tellys was broke, but :O to Greece Russia, and \0/ to Czech Republic Poland.

Seriously quite shocked that Greece have turfed Russia, how does that work?!

And Smuda quit as Poland boss straight away.. Jeez, I like a melodramatic flounce as much as the next person, but c'mon..

:) What a fun group that was, total madness but then it was the Eastern Europe group so what do you expect! The team who got thumped 4-1 in opener win the group, the team who won 4-1 don't get through. :S Barmy or what? And it doesn't matter what coach the Russians have, they've always been that way, that's another good coach they've made a fool of.

England did very well I thought, considering it was Sweden they were up against. Wasn't too worried when they went behind as it often brings the best out of them. It's all on what Rooney can do for us now, but with our strikers on form and our midfield looking light he might go straight into midfield in the Scholes/Gazza role.

I think Greece must have gone through on head to head results. Can't wait to see what Rooney and his new haircut do to the Ukraine.

Quote: Ben @ June 17 2012, 9:01 AM BST

I think Greece must have gone through on head to head results.

I hate this head to head thing, I have to work out CL aggregate on my fingers and I'm used to that!

If it goes to three teams being tied on results does it revert to GD?

Edit: I've just realised that's an incredibly daft question. My brain went peculiar from trying to do maths.

Some dodgy refereeing going on in the Croatia vs Spain game. My Sepp Blatter FIFA cheaty radar of ultimate football corruption is a-flashing.

'What's that Mr. Blatter? No I'm not on that blasted comedy forum again. Yes, the kittens have been shaved and the children greased, enjoy your meal, oh magnificent one.'

I would like to say a sincere 'Thank You' to BBC sports person Alan Hanson. Thanks to him I have now subscribed to Sky Sports News.

Hansen is ok

Now Mark 'Lawro' Lawrenson?

Cheer up ya miserable c**t

Your getting paid to go on holiday and watch footy

:D

Quote: lofthouse @ June 18 2012, 8:38 PM BST

Hansen is ok

Hansen okay? You are aware he tipped Germany, the Netherlands and Portugal for the semi finals when they were all in the same group...

Quote: Badge @ June 18 2012, 8:44 PM BST

he tipped Germany, the Netherlands and Portugal for the semi finals when they were all in the same group...

Laughing out loud

The Head to Head point system is very confusing.

Point taken

He's a big silly Scottish tit

Vouch