The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 379

Get in.

Bloody good game this.

It's also a great milestone on the changing face of Europe - in that, a few years ago, the commentators wouldn't haven't been able to pronounce one Polish name and now they'll reeling them all off like gangbusters.

Spurred on by the violence beforehand?

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 12 2012, 9:13 PM BST

Spurred on by the violence beforehand?

Yes, from 1945 in particular.

>_<

A Polish player has gone off injured - guess they'll be no more Roaming Polanski.

These jokes just don't write themselves folks.

No, but he's in the under-16s.

Quote: Badge @ June 13 2012, 2:03 AM BST

No, but he's in the under-16s.

Laughing out loud

Great goal by vP, game on.

Harry Redknapp has parted company with Spurs. I had heard this rumour yesterday; it must have took 24 hours for the compensation to be agreed with Harry's dog.

Holland are going to struggle staying in the competition and a lot of people were earmarking them as favourites.

Portugal were on fire earlier today and if they bring that kind of form against the Dutch, I really can't see them progressing.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 10:09 PM BST

Spurs are talking to Wenger.

You couldn't make it up.

I think you could make it up.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 10:13 PM BST

:O

Maybe not you personally, but certainly 5 Live. Wenger going to Spurs? Ha! I'd eat my lovely sand coloured summer jacket.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 10:33 PM BST

You really couldn't make this up.

Just like your joke then.

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 10:33 PM BST

It's defo being talked about. Wenger to Spurs, with RvP + cash, for Defoe.

Except we've signed Podolski and we're days away from signing a French striker called Giroud.

The big question that all the speculators at 5 Live have probably failed to ask is, who would replace Wenger as Arsenal manager?