Halmstad Allsvenskan (2): 1976, 1979
Malmö FF Swedish Football Champions (2): 1986, 1988
Allsvenskan (5): 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
Svenska Cupen (2): 1985-86, 1988-89
Inter Milan UEFA Cup Runner-Up (1): 1997
Copenhagen Danish Superliga (1): 2000-01
Danish Super Cup (1): 2001
Fulham UEFA Europa League Runner-Up (1): 2010

Most of Hodgson's titles you've listed are in minor leagues. Only his Fulham and Inter Milan finals are anything singificant. I'd say his most relevant achievements to the England job were at National sides Switzerland qualifying them for Euros and getting Finland noticed a few years back.

He's well organised, orderly, doesn't upset anyone, including the FA with his comments and just looks the respectable type that the conservative FA love. But then so did Saunders, Greenwood, Taylor and MacLaren and look what they all did for England! His teams have been well organised but lacked flair and he failed abysmally at Liverpool, with the best set of players he had yet coached!

Redknapp has built a fearsome reputation for motivating teams and with a good set of players, like at Spurs, for a great attacking style of play. Voted best team to watch by prem league managers this season and also got Spurs to semis of CL two years ago. He was the fans and players' overwhelming choice, and you felt the time was right for him to get the best out of some talented players at England. But oh no, the FA have to balls it up again, deciding on the ultra safe choice, no doubt with a bit of vindictiveness against maverick, slightly controversial Redknapp.

And with a four year contract!! Even Capello only got two! Again, the most galling and worrying aspect of all this is the complete lack of regard for the fans and the players' wishes! Angry

I see some cock has managed to get onto the pitch during the Blackburn v Wigan game.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/60079000/jpg/_60079470_60079469.jpg

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 7 2012, 10:13 AM BST

And with a four year contract!! Even Capello only got two! So if Hodgson fails even to win an easy group stage, like Capello, at the Euros then England are lumbered with him for 4 years, and that seems bizarre! Had Redknapp taken charge on a shorter contract and then failed, the FA could get rid of him and everyone could say, 'Oh well at least the FA gave the people's choice a go, and the FA would look quite good out of it, but if Hodgson fails then the backlash for the FA will huge. Again, the most galling and worrying aspect of all this is the complete lack of regard for the fans and the players' wishes! Angry

Hodgson on a four is still gonna cost less than Cappello on a two. I think Woy is on a third of the salary so it's not such an issue but ultimately I agree it was a bit of a surprise. I guess he may have said that this will effectively be his last job and that he'd only take it if he had that security. For the FA, the financial outlay isn't so great so was probably a risk worth taking to ensure they got who they wanted.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 7 2012, 9:56 PM BST

I see some cock has managed to get onto the pitch during the Blackburn v Wigan game.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/60079000/jpg/_60079470_60079469.jpg

Hopefully that Cockerel didn't end up like the poor Owl that wandered onto the pitch in the middle of a Columbian match, a few months back. Did anyone else see the clip?

Quote: catskillz @ May 8 2012, 12:47 AM BST

Hopefully that Cockerel didn't end up like the poor Owl that wandered onto the pitch in the middle of a Columbian match, a few months back. Did anyone else see the clip?

Did it start WW3, though it's been covered up?

Please don't post it, me and keewik will be spitting feathers. Squirrel on the pitch all the way

I'd like QPR to stay up.
But I think Bolton will win their game.

Not to say the R's won't get a point.

Quote: Badge @ May 8 2012, 12:53 AM BST

Did it start WW3, though it's been covered up?

Doesn't take that much to cover up an owl, a basic picnic blanket would do the job several times over

Quote: AJGO @ May 8 2012, 12:55 AM BST

Please don't post it, me and keewik will be spitting feathers. Squirrel on the pitch all the way

Quote: Jamey @ May 8 2012, 5:07 PM BST

I smell a caption competition a-brewing -

'Owls kicked out of the cup'

'F-owl play'

and the perennial favourite -

'F**k off back to Hogwarts you feathered c**t'

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 8 2012, 5:16 PM BST

'F**k off back to Hogwarts you feathered c**t'

Laughing out loud

3-0 to Liverpool so far.

Had a free bet to use up and fancied Chelsea for tonight's game. I think they will be too strong for the reds and they still have a top 4 place to play for.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 8 2012, 8:39 PM BST

3-0 to Liverpool so far.

:(

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 8 2012, 8:39 PM BST

3-0 to Liverpool so far.

With a Champions League final looming and the stress of playing so many games in recent weeks, I'm not surprised Chelsea have taken their foot off the pedal.