Baggage

How is this on series four? It's the limpest show out there. Although I do quite like Lovejoy graduate Phylis Logan.

Quote: chipolata @ July 15 2009, 9:56 AM BST

How is this on series four? It's the limpest show out there. Although I do quite like Lovejoy graduate Phylis Logan.

This is a British sitcom, shouldn't it go in the sitcom section along with the pilot thing that starts Friday?

I do quite like Lovejoy graduate Phylis Logan.

Lady Jane! She was quite fanciable back in the day.

Quote: chipolata @ July 15 2009, 12:57 PM BST

This is a British sitcom, shouldn't it go in the sitcom section along with the pilot thing that starts Friday?

Mark's listed it on the site as a comedy drama rather than a sitcom. Not certain what the pilot thing you refer to is. Unless it's a new series of Cabin Pressure?

Quote: Aaron @ July 15 2009, 1:34 PM BST

Unless it's a new series of Cabin Pressure?

That's the bunny. As for baggage, the Radio 4 website lists it as comedy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/baggage/pip/1wl5t/

I shall query...

Quote: Aaron @ July 15 2009, 2:02 PM BST

I shall query...

And if Baggage isn't eligible, then neither should Pschoville or Krod Mondoon be, which both seem far less sitcommy than Baggage.

Quote: chipolata @ July 15 2009, 2:19 PM BST

And if Baggage isn't eligible, then neither should Pschoville or Krod Mondoon be, which both seem far less sitcommy than Baggage.

Also, Taking the Flak and Getting On are both described by this site as comedy drama, yet both are discussed in the British Sitcom section.

Well we're quite clearly wrong on Getting On there then! Haven't watched Taking The Flak yet so not sure. Krod Mandoon was definitely sitcom though, and Psychoville... Well, I'm not sure that that really fits into any category, so perhaps it would be better in here.

Quote: Aaron @ July 15 2009, 4:26 PM BST

Well we're quite clearly wrong on Getting On there then! Haven't watched Taking The Flak yet so not sure. Krod Mandoon was definitely sitcom though, and Psychoville... Well, I'm not sure that that really fits into any category, so perhaps it would be better in here.

Try to stay on topic, please. Unimpressed

(Although I never really watched Krod after the first couple of episodes, but wasn't it a serial?)

Quote: Aaron @ July 15 2009, 4:26 PM BST

Krod Mandoon was definitely sitcom though,

Mmmnnn...

Quote: chipolata @ July 15 2009, 4:27 PM BST

Try to stay on topic, please. Unimpressed

(Although I never really watched Krod after the first couple of episodes, but wasn't it a serial?)

It was comedy (or intended to be, Tim, yes), and they were in a situation... Um. Serial is fairly accurate too, but according to the BCG's available categories and genres, it's sitcom.

Or something.

I'm looking forward to discussing Baggagge in this thread.

How is this on series four? It's the limpest show out there.

I almost fell asleep listening to it! I'm not a fan, let's put it that way.

Quote: chipolata @ July 15 2009, 12:57 PM BST

It's definitely a comedy drama, not a sitcom. For starters it has (boring) drama bits in it. Secondly, the creators call it a 'Comedy Drama'. Thirdly, the BBC press office say its a 'Comedy Drama'. 4thly The Radio Times has reviewed it as a Comedy Drama. Fifthly... you get the point ;)

Quote: chipolata @ July 15 2009, 3:23 PM BST

Taking the Flak and Getting On are both described by this site as comedy drama, yet both are discussed in the British Sitcom section.

These are both Comedy Dramas. People have just posted the threads in the wrong place, and we've been too lazy to move them (all the threads are going to get re-sorted when the forum is re-launched next month)

Aaron says: If Getting On is a comedy drama, then so is The Thick Of It.