Arthur Smith's Balham Bash

Anybody been listening to this? I caught a bit last night, and enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular, but Smith's a likeable presence and it ticked along nicely.

I didn't know this was on, but I'll look out for it. It's difficult to dislike Arthur. I saw him in the pub once - he's no different in real life than on the telly/radio.

Quote: Ben @ July 15 2009, 12:46 PM BST

I didn't know this was on, but I'll look out for it. It's difficult to dislike Arthur. I saw him in the pub once - he's no different in real life than on the telly/radio.

Bloody hell, Ben's out of retirement!

Paul Sinha appeared on the 1st show. Not Paul's greatest short set, but a couple of good gags, nonetheless. www.paulsinha.com
:)

I enjoyed the show. Like you said, nothing fantastic, but just a nice show.
I enjoyed hearing Pippa Evans on the radio. Although her songs are a bit different without the swearing you get from her live act! ;)
Arthur is a very likable bloke and so is this show :)

And Arthur's got a great crumpled Sid James face.

I'm loving hearing more of Pippa Evans on the radio - her songs as Loretta Maine are brilliantly funny.
And again, Arthur is a lovely host. I'm enjoying this laidback show :)

Wave agree on the lovelyness of Arthur's hosting, can also spy the syd james thing, however in a certain light, he is uncannily like a trannie Thora Hird.

Arthur Smith is to be one of the guests at the John Otway Convention next week - although probably nobody on here seems to give a toss.

I'll give you a toss Chappers.