Mock The Week - Series 7 Page 4

(I saw Eddie Izzard at the Comedy Store on Wednesday! *grins* )

Yes indeed, Mock the Week. I do apologise, I'm terrible for dragging people off topic.

Do we know what guests are going to be on this series of Mock the Week?

Quote: Badge @ July 11 2009, 1:12 AM BST

I watch Mock the Week, I laugh, and then at the end I feel a bit dirty.

Much how I feel about it. You can't have seven comedians (or six comedians and Russell Howard) on a show and not have any laughs; but the sight of them all desperately climbing over one another to get out their ones-I-prepared-earlier gags is pretty unedifying.

I'm pitching my new show Cock The Weak to the Beeb soon. In it, a group of smug, vainglorious and egotistical stand ups set about Cocking the Weak by gang raping the severly hanidcapped, the feeble minded and infirm.

It will be slightly less vicious, more tasteful and certainly funnier than Mock The Week.

Or Mock The Bleak, where the scamps gatecrash funerals and make knob gags about the deceased whilst weeing on the grieving relatives bouquets.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 11 2009, 10:05 PM BST

Or Mock The Bleak, where the scamps gatecrash funerals and make knob gags about the deceased whilst weeing on the grieving relatives bouquets.

Good job Mary Whitehouse passed away then.

Quote: SillyBry @ July 11 2009, 7:18 PM BST

(I saw Eddie Izzard at the Comedy Store on Wednesday! *grins* )

I hope you're grinning because you were a bit naughty and did a wee in his drink.

Quote: SillyBry @ July 11 2009, 7:18 PM BST

Do we know what guests are going to be on this series of Mock the Week?

The ones we know of are listed here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/mock_the_week/episodes/7/

Quote: SillyBry @ July 11 2009, 3:36 PM BST

I mean for god's sake... down at the comedy store, people throw things at the stage, one of the big things of being a comedian is being able to deal with hecklers, put them down quickly and move on. Not walk off!

A long time ago, I went to see Jenny Eclair do stand-up at a little club in London. She went up to the mike, and immediately gave up and scuttled back to her friend saying "I can't do it". She wasn't even heckled, she just bottled it and abandoned us. I've harboured resentment toward her ever since for letting us down.

I hope we get a bit of Michael McIntyre and Mark Watson at some point in the series.

Quote: NoggetFred @ July 12 2009, 9:48 PM BST

A long time ago, I went to see Jenny Eclair do stand-up at a little club in London. She went up to the mike, and immediately gave up and scuttled back to her friend saying "I can't do it". She wasn't even heckled, she just bottled it and abandoned us. I've harboured resentment toward her ever since for letting us down.

Aw!
That must have been a loooooooooooooooooong time ago!

Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Quote: Jack Massey @ July 12 2009, 9:49 PM BST

I hope we get a bit of Michael McIntyre and Mark Watson at some point in the series.

Only if at that exact moment a truck accidentally plows through the studio.

Then it would be worth it.

Quote: Spagett @ July 16 2009, 8:32 PM BST

Only if at that exact moment a truck accidentally plows through the studio.

Then it would be worth it.

I take it I am not alone in finding Michael McIntyre somewhat irritating.

Quote: NoggetFred @ July 16 2009, 9:34 PM BST

Very much not alone.

Quote: NoggetFred @ July 16 2009, 9:34 PM BST

He looks like Pierce Brosnan with a mouthful of cock.

Laughing out loud