Getting On - Series 1

Did anyone see this last night on BBC Four?

It was set on a hospital ward for geriatics and very much in the style of The Thick of It. It was very good and I'd like to see more.

No, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. iPlayer here I come.

Quote: Leevil @ July 9 2009, 11:25 AM BST

No, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. iPlayer here I come.

:)

I can't believe everyone missed this! It was well written and acted, honest and funny.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 9 2009, 4:01 PM BST

I can't believe everyone missed this!

10pm on BBC Four? Starring Jo Brand? It's amazing anyone watched it at all.

However I did tape it as it the previews said it was like The Thick Of It, so I will report once I've watched it.

Quote: Griff @ July 9 2009, 4:07 PM BST

so I will report once I've watched it.

I'm on tenterhooks!

You might be there a long time. I accumulate about 20-30 hours of unwatched TV on my HDD recorder every month. I'm still waiting to catch up with this much-vaunted Lab Rats everyone keeps talking about.

Quote: Griff @ July 9 2009, 4:10 PM BST

I'm still waiting to catch up with this much-vaunted Lab Rats everyone keeps talking about.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 9 2009, 11:06 AM BST

Did anyone see this last night on BBC Four?

It was set on a hospital ward for geriatics and very much in the style of The Thick of It. It was very good and I'd like to see more.

I was watching other things and missed it (along with Taking The Flak); but I intend watching it on iPlayer (if it's there).

Capaldi wrote it or something, didn't he?

Quote: sardines @ July 9 2009, 6:26 PM BST

Capaldi wrote it or something, didn't he?

I think it was written only by Jo Brand and the other two female leads (Pepperdine and the woman from The Thick of It). But maybe he script edited it? There is a page about it in the comedy a-z here.

Peter Capaldi directed it. The leads wrote it, yes. It was very good. Apart from the camera work which looked like it had been done by an eppo.

Pity it's only a three-part series. Like The Thick Of It.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/getting_on/

Pretty good of them to get an Academy Award winning director for a three-part series on BBC Four, eh?

Just watched it. Very enjoyable. Brand's acting isn't up to much though.

She used to be a nurse. I expect she was playing it straight and the others were being crappy and act-y!

I know. She seemed to stumble over her lines a few times, and it wasn't acting. It didn't let the show down though, so no harm done.