Discworld Adaptations Page 3

Quote: Tony Cowards @ June 3 2010, 9:40 AM BST

I demand more Angua in any future adaptations, she was hot!

Yes, nothing better than a female werewolf. Out of all the Watch novels, the only one she does not appear in is the first, Guards! Guards!.

I hear Sky are doing Sourcery next.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ June 3 2010, 1:26 PM BST

I hear Sky are doing Sourcery next.

Where did you hear this?

According to this, a scriptbook (screenplay?) was scheduled (to be created?) for 1st January 2008 and the illustrated screenplays are available for pre-order.

http://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000303

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 3 2010, 3:17 PM BST

Where did you hear this?

GallifreyBase, a Doctor Who forum. But I believe Terry Prachett talked about it in SFX.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 3 2010, 9:36 AM BST

Well, seeing as how they have already done a Rincewind and a Death story, it would either have to be the City Watch, the Witches or one of the individual stories like Small Gods or Pyramids.

Mind you, it could be the case that they had such success with Moist von Lipwig, the might instead stay with him and adapt Making Money.

I didn't watch Going Postal when they showed it unfortunately but I really do hope it was better than Hogfather and Colour of Magic. Both of them are books that I really love from Pratchett. Yet they were butchered in my opinion.

If you're right, and they do decide to make Making Money, it could be a nice move from them since Moist von Lipwig definitely is a character that I enjoyed in the books already...

AcornTV is streaming Going Postal here in Canada. I stumbled on it with no expectations or background ... or even much knowledge of Terry Pratchett, except to recognize the name and associate it with fantasy novels.

Going Postal blew me and friends away. I've only seen the first of two parts but am struck by the art direction, acting, costumes ... and the story. At least one person has rushed out to buy the book.

Great unexpected fun that's made me glad I subscribed to Acorn if I watch nothing else.

Going Postal was excellent, The Colour of Magic and Hogfather less so.