Discworld Adaptations Page 2

Hogfather was terrible.

Colour of Magic was ok tho, looking forward to Going Postal.

These things really need a narrator tho, like someone else said. Most of Pratchett's humour is in the description of things.

Bump! Going Postal trailer: http://sky1.sky.com/going-postal-about

Looks fun!

Another, longer trailer has been released.

http://sky1.sky.com/Going-Postal-new-trailer

We now know when Going Postal will be shown: part one is on at 18.00 on Sunday 30th May. I presume part two will be on Bank Holiday Monday at the same time.

Did anyone watch Part 1 of Going Postal? I thought it was really good!

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 31 2010, 2:11 PM BST

Did anyone watch Part 1 of Going Postal? I thought it was really good!

I liked it as well. Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Extreme Pins?

Balls, I forgot to record it. :(

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 31 2010, 3:40 PM BST

Balls, I forgot to record it. :(

Don't worry, both episodes will be repeated on Friday, and episode one is currently on the "Sky Player".

Cool. Ta.

Just finished watching Part 2. I thought it came off rather well. Having said this, there is one question I'd like to ask - where was Death?

Part 2 was really good, but I actually prefered part 1. The whole cast especially Richard Coyle, Claire Foy and Andrew Sachs were all on top form.

Only seen Part One which I loved, like a twat I didnt tape it on HD so want to wait and watch part two in HD. :(

Quote: hotzappa11 @ June 1 2010, 11:43 AM BST

Part 2 was really good, but I actually prefered part 1. The whole cast especially Richard Coyle, Claire Foy and Andrew Sachs were all on top form.

Excellent performances all round, although I would give a special mention to the guy who played "Stanley" he was truly superb, really made a relatively small part stand out (ooer missus).

The best of the Discworld adaptation so far, in my opinion, the story really hung together (would love to know what someone who's not read the book(s) thought) and it was funny without trying too hard, nicely underplayed by the actors.

Would love to see them turn their hands to one of the Guards books next.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ June 1 2010, 12:06 PM BST

Would love to see them turn their hands to one of the Guards books next.

Well, seeing as how they have already done a Rincewind and a Death story, it would either have to be the City Watch, the Witches or one of the individual stories like Small Gods or Pyramids.

Mind you, it could be the case that they had such success with Moist von Lipwig, the might instead stay with him and adapt Making Money.

I demand more Angua in any future adaptations, she was hot!