Petition help for Green Wing DVD signings

Hey, I tried to email this to the site, but it kept not working, so I'm putting here...

I spent most of yesterday having to resist the urge to blow vast amounts of my student loan on bombing down to London after my Monday lectures and rising at the crack of dawn to get back for Tuesday's, just to attend the Green Wing DVD signing. I'm sure many people all over the UK felt similarly.

I am hoping to start a petition for a signing tour for the release of the 9th Episode DVD. I fully appreciate the cast will have all moved on by then, as they've already filmed it, and that perhaps the release of Episode 9 isn't going to be seen as a big enough event to justify something like that. However, we know it is the absolute last bit of Green Wing coming our way, so it's not like if they relent over this they'll keep having to do things like it - it would be one last hurrah for the best series we've seen in years.

I'd really appreciate the help of the site in getting this petition started - you have far more people on your mailing list than I have, and you seem to have some friends in high places. Please can you help?

I'd definitely personally support that, and think it quite likely that the final episode will get another London signing - there must have been at LEAST 500 people at last night's event!

Hi Paula!

Firstly sorry about the email woe. We've been having a few problems lately. If you got an error message can you send it to me via the online form or a PM so I can check it out.

Anyway, we're definitely happy to assist attempting to get another signing session together. Like you say, our mailing list is probably quite a good tool for that.

I suggest before we do set up a petition though we ask 4DVD if they're planning anything. There's no point throwing a huge list of signatures on their desk if they're planning to do one anyway!

I'll have a word with them shortly and find out what their plans are (I suspect their answer will be "we might but we're not thinking that far ahead yet though"). As soon as I hear back I'll let you know (although it might be a couple of weeks yet as they're focusing on marketing the new Darkplace DVD at the moment).

If you want to set up a petition, you may want to use the website http://www.petitionspot.com/. This is the website that the Green Wing Series 3 petition is on. If you want me to create it for you, I will.

I done it! I've created the petition for you. To see it, visit http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/greenwingdvdsigningtour

The petition has now reached 50 people! There was a sudden boost after it was mentioned in the last Green Wing News Update.