Heir Hunters

Being currently unemployed I've taken an interest in this morning TV show on BBC 1. It's so interesting, has anyone else seen it?

Indeed I have.

It is great.

I also have a interest in family history and have managed to locate heirs on the bonna vacantia list.

However, have been unable to take it further as I don't have a contract to give people - or ideas on how to submit the claims.

Or the resources to get there first - but if you were small you could undercut everyone else - I think there is a seven day cooling off period so if you get there in seven days and are low then you win!

Now you've got me thinking about this again you bugger!

I'm familiar with the programme.

It's detective work with a competitive, result-based edge. If only the Police.....
Whistling nnocently

Quote: bigfella @ June 30 2009, 10:39 AM BST

I am so into it. On the programme yesterday, this old lady who didn't have any family left all of her money to a woman she used to live next door to in the late 70's/early 80's. They hadn't seen each other for the last 20+ years of the old lady's life, but she still remembered the woman fondly to leave everything to.

Quote: bigfella @ June 30 2009, 10:39 AM BST

I've also thought about doing this. I've done quite a bit of genealogy and love doing research and detective work!

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ June 30 2009, 11:30 AM BST

I've also thought about doing this. I've done quite a bit of genealogy and love doing research and detective work!

I think loads of people have Dolly!

I found people - just via the ansterstry site and the 123 people search( It would have to be confirmed via the birth and death records)

I came unstuck when it came to getting a contract for the people to sign and how to actually submit a claim.

Bloody Jacob - I've been looking into this again for the past couple of hours. Looks like there is money to be made, if you can find people for solicitors as well and if you can find missing people.

Hmmmmm....Ponders.

Anyone a solicitor on here?

Quote: bigfella @ June 30 2009, 6:46 PM BST

Anyone soliciting on here?

I'm going for Ellie on this one.

Quote: roscoff @ June 30 2009, 10:36 PM BST

I'm going for Ellie on this one.

:O Huh?

Heir Hunters? That has to be the worst name for a television show in a long time. When I first heard about it, I thought one of three things -

1. A show about hunting down Nazi war criminals

2. A show for bald men looking for a cure

3. A rather rude website about hirsuite lady parts

But it seems to be a low budget 'Who do you think you are?' for plebs. I haven't watched it, so it might be a great show. I guess I'll never know.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 30 2009, 11:59 PM BST

Heir Hunters? That has to be the worst name for a television show in a long time. When I first heard about it, I thought one of three things -

1. A show about hunting down Nazi war criminals

2. A show for bald men looking for a cure

3. A rather rude website about hirsuite lady parts

But it seems to be a low budget 'Who do you think you are?' for plebs. I haven't watched it, so it might be a great show. I guess I'll never know.

It is actually very interesting!

Been hard at work all morning.

picked my reserch from last year where I went up lots of wrong roads.

And now has located Mrs Bigfella's natural mother!

She only ever meet her once when she was in her early 20's and couldn't handle it.

Now we just need to write to her.

Very pleased with myself.

And most men would do the opposite to avoid their mother-in-law.

But not if the mother-in-law is minted.