Super Hans Spin Off

Was chatting to a friend last night who told me that there is soon to be a spin off from Peep Show involving Super Hans. I read about the possible female version of the show and perhaps a Dobby spin off but this is news to me.

Anyone else heard the rumour? Should it happen? Will it happen?

I don't thing Super Hans is a solid enough character to carry a show, but I'd like to see them prove me wrong :)

I'd be very surprised if there was a spin off. Peep Show doesn't exactly pull in huge amounts of viewers, and Super Hans is good as a recurring character, but not sure if he could carry a show.

As for the Dobby one. That might be quite interesting, although again it doesn't sound likely.

That would be awful.
I don't really like him. He's like Tyres in Spaced.
In both shows the one element I didn't identify with is the slight suggestion that 'clubbing and drugs are awesome and cool'. Doesn't really fit in with the general geekiness thing for me.

Although they do handle it better in Peep Show. Cos Jeremy's supposed to be an easily-led cock who looks up to the 'cool' one.

Didn't the writers, or somebody, just mention this on one of the commentaries as a half-joke?

Quote: zooo @ June 23 2009, 1:42 PM BST

That would be awful.

Super hans is a great character! Though a sitcom in which he was the main charcter would be rubbish.

They'd better not have nicked my idea! https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/98/4#P96397

Dan

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 23 2009, 2:27 PM BST

Super hans is a great character! Though a sitcom in which he was the main charcter would be rubbish.

He is a lot funnier than Tyres, now I think about it.

That would be awful.
In both shows the one element I didn't identify with is the slight suggestion that 'clubbing and drugs are awesome and cool'. Doesn't really fit in with the general geekiness thing for me.

Although they do handle it better in Peep Show. Cos Jeremy's supposed to be an easily-led cock who looks up to the 'cool' one.

I dunno. It's kind of a neutral position on drugs. Bordering on bad. I don't think many people would think clubbing and drugs looked real cool after seeing Sophie on the floor of the filthy toilet. It almost made me want to be sick, too. The germs-the urine! ARRGH!

Haha! Yes, good point.

That would be awful.

Nobody cares what you think, Zooo - if that is even your real name. :P

Quote: zooo @ June 23 2009, 2:28 PM BST

He is a lot funnier than Tyres, now I think about it.

Tyres isn't really a fully drawn character. Super Hans is.

Dob Dob Dobby
Dobby becomes a scout leader, much to the disgust of Mark Corrigan (David Mitchell too big to appear by now, so we only know of him by phone and text). She regales the scouts of this bloke she fell in love with who always made twatty decisions instead of loving her. The six-parter shows her turning into a mental and it all goes a big Blair Witch-y as the kids get picked off one-by-one.

Nah, maybe not...

Dan

One of the reasons Super Hans works is the seedy and somewhat mysterious life he leads off-screen. A life which is only alluded to. Seeing what Super Hans' life consists of when not with Jeremy and Mark wouldn't be (probably) very funny - or very pleasant. Imagining what Super Hans gets up to without seeing it is one of the main attractions of the character.

This isn't going to happen and that can only be a good thing.

It could work if he was bitten by a radioactive wombat and literally became - Super Hans.

Otherwise no.