Blackadder Remastered - The Ultimate Edition [DVD]

So, there's yet another Blackadder Box set, does anyone have this yet?

If I purchase it, it shall be the third Blackadder box set I've obtained. I traded the extra-less first edition "complete" set for a magnum of red wine and a giant bottle of gin to justify owning the box that included the cavalier years, back and forth, and Christmas special. Now there's another "ultimate" edition that is remastered, and contains commentaries as well as a 25th anniversary documentary (plus all the things my current set has). All though a fear in the back of my mind lurks as there's still room for a potential fourth version of a "complete" set as there's no mention on this edition of the original pilot or Shakespeare sketch.

Either way has anyone purchased this and feel confident enough that I should find some one to barter my current box off for a barrel of port and small dog while I purchase this new one?

Moved to correct forum.

I don't have the new set so can't comment directly, but it really depends on how much you want the things new to this set. If you're dying to see them, then go for it. If you can live without, then they'll probably be available in a future release, if there is one. There are still other bits and pieces, including another recent documentary and short sketches for the likes of Comic Relief I think, which aren't included here ... but the likelihood of the pilot being included in future is pretty slim, IMO. The documentary is quite good, but I'm not sure I would run out to buy it. Commentaries are, according to Amazon reviews, poor.

Personally, I'd leave it. Keep an eye on the price, and if it drops to a reasonable level then order it and flog your current copy on eBay. But right now, probably not worth the expenditure.

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/-/26/55/-/9230257/Blackadder-The-Ultimate-Collection/Product.html]
[h=951765]

Yes, I might let it gather some dust on my wishlist for now...

I quite liked the pilot. I prefer a brilliant Blackadder to the pathetic worm blackadder.

Hello. I owned the original series box set when I upgraded from VHS and recently upgraded that to the Remastered collection.

I noticed on The Black Adder that "Born To Be King" as gone from episode 2 to episode 4, swapping with "The Queen Of Spain's Beard".

I just wondered if anyone knew whether this was intentional, is it in fact the second episode but as been shown out of order ever since; much like "Bells" and "Head" from Blackadder II?

Had no idea those episodes had been swapped. Thanks for pointing it out. All the information I have is that Born To Be King was broadcast as Episode 2, and The Queen Of Spain's Beard as Episode 4.

I assume that you've bought the British box set, not a foreign copy? It's just possible that the episodes were swapped around overseas, and for some reason they reflect that in the Remastered collection rather than the British transmission order.

Yes it's a British copy. That may have been the case, yes. A valid theory.

My only other thought would be something to do with the disc capacity, but I'm guessing each series is on a single disc so that seems unlikely.

Or it's just a plain cock-up.