Absent friends Page 166

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd March 2017, 12:09 AM

I am one of the founding fathers of this forum. It's a myth that I'm grumpy, I just don't like c**ts.

They are quite appealing.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd March 2017, 12:45 AM

Yeah. My ancestors were Irish, Scots and Welsh. my dad was born in England but his father was Scots and his mother was Irish. It's why I'm so witty and good looking. F**k the English. A supercilious race!

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd March 2017, 11:38 PM

Anyone miss me? Cause I'm still here, and could be teased back with a little bit of adulation...

What will you bring to the party Taxis? A crate of Bud and a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels or some half tins of Harp Lager then drink our beer all night?

Well, I wouldn't bring you a crate of Bud. I don't dislike anyone that much. You're all screw top wine drinkers anyway.

I'd bring the bollocking and shaming your shadow personality craves. And a few impressions if I was pissed.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 24th March 2017, 11:18 PM

I'd bring the bollocking and shaming your shadow personality craves. And a few impressions if I was pissed.

He does a very good limousine when he's had a few.

Someone else I've just noticed hasn't posted for, as it happens, a year ago this month -

Doug Wonnacott .

Hope he's OK.

Nick Nockerty has gone! His avatar is blank and his profile inactive. Has he resigned?

Gordon Bennet has been missing since 7th. April :O

:O
Come back!

Quote: keewik @ 9th May 2017, 8:34 PM

Gordon Bennet has been missing since 7th. April :O

I've been trying to think of a suitable exclamation but with his name it's impossible :D

Seriously though hope all is good. Maybe just busy or incarcerated. Or seduced in to a macabre cult.

I had PM'd Gordon just this morning as it happens as he did this last year around Christmas time and his answer then, and I expect will be the same now, is the lack of old friends and posts, AND I'm very sorry to say this has all happened since the so called "revamp" of the site.

I'm still not happy with it and to be quite honest if it wasn't for my Punch cartoon thread I am sure I wouldn't be on here anymore - it is simply not the same, and you look at how many of the old regular posters no longer..........er post. Just think of sootyj - 50,000 posts (!!!) and the day after the new site was launched? That was it, never seen again on here.

"They" and others can shrug their shoulders and turn a blind eye, but without doubt this site has lost its charm, warmth....................call it what you will - it's no good pretending it is just as good as it was.

It's not my site/business and people obviously have the right to run it as they see fit, I'm just telling like it is from this side of the fence. No malice, just............... (as Joe Friday used to say) just the facts.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 9th May 2017, 11:11 PM

Maybe just busy or incarcerated.

Trapped under a pile of cds most likely.

He'll be back posting once Roger (or Stan) lift some silverware/beat Murray. :)

Forums in general have been dying off for quite some time. Facebook is more to blame than any sort of site remodeling.

A forum is nothing without its users and it's silly to think that a change in the appearance of this forum caused users to flee in droves. We've lost many of the old guard, but mostly it comes down to life (and sometimes death) getting in the way.

People come and go. It's sad when regulars leave, but there are always new members to take their place.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th May 2017, 3:11 AM

Forums in general have been dying off for quite some time. Facebook is more to blame than any sort of site remodeling

A forum is nothing without its users and it's silly to think that a change in the appearance of this forum caused users to flee in droves. We've lost many of the old guard, but mostly it comes down to life (and sometimes death) getting in the way.

People come and go. It's sad when regulars leave, but there are always new members to take their place.

And it's naïve to say that the site change didn't lose some regular contributors - just a coincidence then that sootyj stopped posting the very next day and some others in that month.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th May 2017, 7:13 AM

I hear what you are saying, so it's just a coincidence that sootyj stopped posting the very next day and some others in that month.

Yes. Give it a rest Herc, you'll give yourself a hernia.:P

The change, welcomed by me, was sufficient impetus to some to decide to spend their time on more constructive pursuits. The quality and frequency of posting/contributors had, sadly, been in steady decline before the change. I blame Islam.