Absent friends Page 16

Quote: Kenneth @ July 3 2010, 12:49 AM BST

I recall that one of his last posts was a skit gently mocking some sort of comedy writing/talent competition or radio show or something - and it struck all sorts of raw nerves and thus went down like a lead balloon. Yes, would that he were back.

He mocked Newsjack and some people took it very personally. It made me chuckle.

Quote: Chappers @ July 3 2010, 8:25 AM BST

Who was the bloke who wrote all the scripts for Waterloo Road?

Not Frostyboy. The other one.

Jake How!

Quote: Ben @ July 3 2010, 8:27 AM BST

Not Frostyboy. The other one.

Jake How!

That's the one. Never ceased to amuse me.

In fairness I think his sketch was mainly slated for aiming at a soft target and missing.

His problem was he got onto the longlist of the Sit (Com)mission thing, and got a bit carried away with that, trying to pretend it that was somehow a more worthy thing to do than submit to Newjack. Then he failed to make the shortlist and looked a bit of a tit.

I liked him, mind, he was like Chipolata without the charm. Pleased

I didn't take it personally, I just thought it was a churlish and wanky sketch - one that fitted RCP's online persona perhaps but not his cuddly real life one.

Come back Car Park!

I was going to say Charley - but in the words of Elton John "The bitch is back."

I am still around, but incredibly busy (in a good way) at the moment.

Tim. I hope he's getting on alright. Wave

I also miss Morrace. *looks around and realises he's probably the only one*

Quote: The Giggle-o @ July 3 2010, 3:43 PM BST

Tim. I hope he's getting on alright. Wave

I also miss Morrace. *looks around and realises he's probably the only one*

I miss Morrace too!

Huzzah! Hug

I've had a brief bit of private correspondence with Morrace; he's a good bloke. Hope he comes back.

Yes, I wondered what happened to Morrace too.

I miss Morrace, too. Errr

I always got the impression that Morrace was an older gentleman. I'd be very sad to hear he'd passed on. I always fear that when someone disappears on the internet.

Quote: Ben @ July 3 2010, 6:50 PM BST

I always got the impression that Morrace was an older gentleman.

I got the impression he acted like an arse a lot, for the unknown reason that certain people do on internet forums. He also seemed to recall, and be able to quote, posts that were put up two years ago when he was arguing with someone. He was the Rain Man of BCG.