TNT Show Page 2

?

He always reminds me of Danny Dyer.

I just watched an old episode of this on 4oD. Actually found myself laughing out loud on a few occasions. I certainly didn't think it was terrible.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ July 31 2009, 1:58 AM BST

I just watched an old episode of this on 4oD. Actually found myself laughing out loud on a few occasions. I certainly didn't think it was terrible.

I just think they don't make the most of it, or get the best out of the (horrible TV word) 'talent' that they have working on the show. It could be so much better, that's what I find depressing about it.

Quote: Timbo @ July 27 2009, 7:27 PM BST

I only watched this because someone involved with the show told me how ashamed they were to be associated with it. It is as well for the careers of all concerned that no-one is watching.

Heh heh!

Quote: Splodge @ August 2 2009, 11:51 PM BST

I just think they don't make the most of it, or get the best out of the (horrible TV word) 'talent' that they have working on the show. It could be so much better, that's what I find depressing about it.

I'm starting to agree with this. I'm growing tired of the exact same sketches every week and that dictionary corner needs scrapping! :S

Quote: johnny smith @ July 17 2009, 8:07 AM BST

Did no one else notice the blatant ripping-off of 'Brass Eye' and 'The Day Today' in this God awful show?

I did, very poor imitation.

I've watched 3 episodes of this and laughed once. Was a really good bit so probably plagiarised and I've forgotten what it was so not that good after all. Not sure why I have watched 3 episodes so don't ask.

Quote: luke not going out to have two pints @ August 9 2009, 10:06 AM BST

I'm starting to agree with this. I'm growing tired of the exact same sketches every week and that dictionary corner needs scrapping! :S

Yeah, that whole Posh person using street slang thing has been done to death!

Yeah, innit bruv.

It's this type of very poor topical show that makes me look back (over-fondly) to something like The 11 O'Clock Show. Of this show genre though, one of the best was probably The Friday (/Saturday) Night Armistice.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 11 2009, 3:25 PM BST

It's this type of very poor topical show that makes me look back (over-fondly) to something like The 11 O'Clock Show.

But these shows, no matter how bad, can be useful for blooding new talent. Sometimes just having the opportunity to fail is a good thing. Just don't take the piss.

Agree, but surely the best way to blood young talent is to surround them with some old hands who know what they're doing? Too many of these shows suffer from a sense of amateurism.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 11 2009, 3:57 PM BST

Agree, but surely the best way to blood young talent is to surround them with some old hands who know what they're doing? Too many of these shows suffer from a sense of amateurism.

Good idea. Although how many old hands want to be involved with hothousing new talent? And how many would just cost too much, whereas this is quite a cheap way of producing shows?

Perhaps the TNT cast asked to be mentored by some old hands by asking for Chris Morris and Jon Stewart but got Iain Lee and Hank Kingsley instead.

There are some well-known people connected with TNT Show. For example Andrew O'Connor is one of the Exec Producers - and his other credits include stuff like Peep Show.

I think by their very nature, shows that nurture talent will always be more miss than hit though - after all, you can't expect the trainees to be as good as the pros, and if the pros just take over then it's defeated the object.

Whilst it's suffering badly from repeating ideas now (Tom Allen's section was fun at first but now boring), I still think TNT Show is better than many previous attempts. (The Wall, Tonightly anyone?)