Men Behaving Badly - favourite episode(s) Page 2

I've actually got a lot of favourites, especially from Series 4. "Drunk" has got to be my absolute favourite though. Having been in Dorothy's place too many times, this one makes me smile to know that that's what my other half and his douche bag friends looked like. Although, the Crown is a palace compared to the places they went to.

Yeah, Drunk is awesome. So funny but so accurate. Possibly so funny because it's so accurate.

The bit where Tony yells up at the first floor "Deborah! I f**king love you!" is ace and a good example of one of those occasions where a sweary line is funnier with the beep than without it.

Jackson Neil: "Please avoid going off-topic in this forum."

This show needs to come back. Can't remember name of the episode, but when they end up at a rave (I think) it's brill - and the wedding! :D

I'm a massive fan of MBB - My favourite episode has to be 'Home-made Sauna' from series 5.

I honestly cannot pick one - MBB was as consistent as any of the great comedies out there and it does not get the same recognition it does today, compared to when it was aired.

It is a classic.

I will pick one random episode that comes to mind - the one where they all go to a rave so Gary can prove a point that he's still young and hip.

If they did return the show, then it'd take a lot of convincing that:

1) Gary and Dorothy are still together - I don't know if Dotty would still be with him 18 years on
2) Gary and Dorothy / Tony and Debs living in flats still - and presumably with children

Tony having to wear specs

Yellow cloth and little snappy case

FOUR EYES!

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd September 2018, 6:09 PM

Tony having to wear specs

Yellow cloth and little snappy case

FOUR EYES!

Yes - that's the first one that comes to mind.

I watched the episode 'Lovers' the other night.

Tony and Gary were comparing nipples as Dorothy and Debs were talking in the background. Fricken hilarious and it shouldn't be.

For me my favourite has to be the one were they are watching TV and they all pull pranks on TV. I really enjoy it, not much going on. Fun to watch.

There is a lot of other good episodes in the series such as the one where Gary goes to the Chemist and the one where Tony and Dorothy are in the van together.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ 5th June 2009, 5:02 PM

The British show of course. :P

I dug out the 6 pack boxset this week and have been watching some episodes for the first time in ages. Racking my brains I'd say my all-time favourite episodes of the show would be:

- Bed (series 3): The episode when Tony goes to fix the broken fence during the night and Gary goes to the chemist to get some medicine for Dorothy. (Fave moments: "Shouting freeze you bastard", ""impotence can strike...")

- Hair (series 5): The one when Gary returns from a trip around the world, Dorothy having moved into the flat. Tony has a beard. (Fave moments: "You can't release me into the community!", "green things .... green things ...")

- Going nowhere (series 2): The episode when Tony buys a van and electric blanket to try and impress Deborah, but Gary ends up trapped tripped in a lift with her instead, Tonys van then breaks down (Fave moments: "i think I kind of prefer the fact it's all merged together!", "I never touched you")

- Drunk (series 4): Gary and Dorothy attempt to repair their relationship, when Dorothy prepares a romantic meal, but Tony and Gary get pissed st the Crown (Fave moments: "Oh god, I hope it's not Jurassic poke", "I am kneeling, I am kneeling, on the pavement outside the pub")

Best overall series is the 3rd or 4th. Though the Enfield series was good, from 2 through 4 was the shows peak, 5 was OK with sporatic very good moments, though I thought it ran out of steam storyline-wise towards the very end with over emphasis on marriage, babies and all thaT shite. It flogged a dead horse rather like Fools and Horses did towards the end, though it was somewhat better than that. Still a very good show, one of my faves in its pomp.

The wife is away and I have been binge watching this tonight including 'Drunk' as mentioned above. They both play great drunks.

Does anybody find the episode 'Playing Away' rather awkward and needless?

This is the one where Tony and Dorothy sleep together. As much as the episode was very funny, this storyline was a bit harsh for Gary - not what best mates do! Not in line with the sitcom. Tony is a bit of a man whore, but he'd never do that to a best mate, surely?

Gary did not punch his lights out or chuck him out. He hardly made Dorothy grovel to have him back.

A sitcom and out of touch with reality I know it is, but I just feel that there was no need to write that storyline in.

Plenty of great episodes, consistent quality throughout

Drunk from season 4 is excellent but just sneaking ahead is The Good Pub Guide from season 5.

The open scenes with Gary in bed with Deborah and acts really grossly. Gary farts, Debs asks why do you fart in bed, Its what blokes do he replies. She says why dont women do it, Gary comes back with lack of confidence

Gary leaves post it notes around the flat for Deborah, like fill me on the kettle, iron me his clothes in laundry basket etc. Deborah marches to the pub and acts all blokeish in the pub, to try and out bloke Gary

The episode where Gary has to wear glasses.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd July 2019, 8:17 PM

The episode where Gary has to wear glasses.

That was Tony - but yes, a hilarious epsiode.