My Family Xmas Specials 2007 & 2008 DVD release

Hi

Was haven't the 2007 & 2008 Christmas specials of My Family been released onto DVD?

They should have been included in the last 2 series DVD releases.

I remember they were very funny.

I would guess that they're saving up to include them on a second Christmas DVD. I really don't approve of the things. I want episodes in order please, 2entertain.

They have a habit of such things though 2 Entertain- Dad's Army, Steptoe & Son, One Foot in the Grave (1996 and 1997- the rest of the specials were on the appropriate series disc), the list goes on.

The Two Ronnies, The Morecambe & Wise Show, In Sickness & In Health... (Just off the top of my head.)

I expect it to be released next year.

Probably will contain: 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 specials.

I personally hope we get "Heart of Christmas", "Ho Ho No" and "Have An Unhappy Christmas" released sometime this year, then the following three specials on another DVD etc, though I've never actually understood why we don't get the Christmas specials released as part of the series each of them is linked to...

Because then they can't charge you for another DVD every time. Duh!

*shakes fist in 2entertain's direction*

Quote: Aaron @ August 17 2009, 2:31 PM BST

Because then they can't charge you for another DVD every time. Duh!

*shakes fist in 2entertain's direction*

I'm amazed they haven't released each special on its own. Rolling eyes

Tempted to get the first Christmas DVDs, I remember being highly amused at a Christmas special set mostly on the tube. There was a guest appearance from the late great legend Richard Whitely. I've not seen it for ages, but remember loving it at the time.

I'm not a big fan of that one. Also features Robert Webb though.

Doesn't Nick say to Whitely something on the lines of 'Can I have a P please?' and he replies 'That's Bob Holdness' Long time since I've seen it.

Sounds vaguely familiar, yes.

Quote: Aaron @ August 17 2009, 3:02 PM BST

Sounds vaguely familiar, yes.

I prefer the longer ones but not the one where they chase each other around the hotel. I thought that one was a let down.

I hope they release these on DVD at some stage, as again my collection is lacking them. The Christmas 08, in the hotel was lame and clearly showed ideas were lacking. This did however improve last year and I am awaiting the Christmas special this year. This time next year a Christmas Disc 2 will be on our shelves?

http://www.freewebs.com/myfamilytv/news.html#newsstory78 :)