Green Wing 2nd series DVD

It has been reported that a special show will be broadcast tying up loose ends from series 2. Is this show included on the 2nd series DVD, or will one have to purchase a copy at a later date? I don't want to be caught out like the poor Lord of the Rings fans who bought the DVD as soon as it came out, only to find an 'extended' version a few months later. I would just like to avoid being ripped off.

Hi Tiller. Very sensible.

The 2nd series DVD doesn't contain the final special because that final episode hasn't yet been broadcast on TV. It will be coming out as a seperate DVD, sorry :(

The good news is that, to pad out this next release, we expect 4DVD will be adding lots of previously un-seen bonuses. We know they've filmed extras which haven't appeared in either of the two boxsets yet which suggests they must be saving them up for this final DVD.

I'd probably buy the S2 DVD if you're a fan as it isn't quite a "Lord of the Rings" situation... the boxset released yesterday will be the only one with the S2 episodes on. The next DVD will have the special + different extras.

I have to admit, I wouldn't have bought either series yet if it weren't for the signings! :$

Thanks. I think I'll wait and see. I haven't even seen series 2 yet - I moved to argentina just before it aired. I would prefer to watch it and the special consecutively. Most of the series on cable here are from the US, and some are old chestnuts. Bonanza dubbed in spanish for instance..........

I just sat down to watch my Series 2 DVD, and the first disc keeps freezing and skipping. There are some bubbles on the bottom of the disc--appears to be a manufacting issue. Does anyone know how to contact Channel 4 DVD to get a replacement?

Thanks

Where did you buy it from? Your best bet is to go directly to the retailer, if possible.

I had pre-ordered from Amazon.co.uk way back in September - just getting around to watching it now with the finale coming up. Have sent e-mail to Amazon.co.uk, but I don't know what they will say - since I live in the U.S.

I was able to rip it in my PC and burn it to a dual layer disc - which seems to play fine (so far). The computer was slow reading the original disc - but it made it through. If it's going to cost me a fortune to get the disc replaced, then I guess this will have to do.

Thanks,
-Kyle

Sorry to appear dumb (hey, I do live in Australia) but what DVD are you talking about? Nobody has actually mentioned a series title, yet everybody in the thread seems to know what everyone is on about...

Yours, perplexed,
Ben

It had me stumped for a bit then I noticed it’s in the “Green Wing” forum

I normally go via the active threads so didn’t notice

Barry

AHHH! I see... You see, I always go the 'active' forums too.

*skulks off sheepishly*