Me & My Girl

Has there been a topic on this show yet?

I vaguely remember watcning a couple of episodes of Robin's Nest as a child, but remember watching this and thought Richard O'Sullivan was very good. Tim Brooke Taylor's character had an unseen wife, Muriel. Think only other unseen wives in comedy were Elizabeth Mainwaring and Niles Crane's wife Maris. I also thought the Peter Skellern theme tune was good.

No there hasn't. Bravo. :)

Good series then? You recommend a watch?

Sorry, I thought this was about the David Essex song 'Nightclubbing'. :)

Quote: Aaron @ May 26 2009, 12:31 PM BST

No there hasn't. Bravo. :)

Good series then? You recommend a watch?

Well I remember liking it at the time. I don't think it has been repeated on ITV3. I would say it's definitely worth a look.

Quote: peter gazzard @ May 26 2009, 11:16 AM BST

I vaguely remember watcning a couple of episodes of Robin's Nest as a child, but remember watching this and thought Richard O'Sullivan was very good. Tim Brooke Taylor's character had an unseen wife, Muriel. Think only other unseen wives in comedy were Elizabeth Mainwaring and Niles Crane's wife Maris. I also thought the Peter Skellern theme tune was good.

Don't forget 'Er indoors - although not strictly comedy - and then there's Mrs Columbo.

(I wish mine was)

Joanne Ridley was the name of the actress who played his daughter - Sam, I think was her character's name. I seem to recall feeling rather 'special' when she was on screen.

Even that's too much information... :$

Her sister Emma was also an actress

Quote: peter gazzard @ May 26 2009, 11:16 AM BST

Did we not see Maris in one episode?

Watched the first episode of this on Tuesday and rather enjoyed it. Seems like a good setup and some decent characters. I'll check some more out later on. :)

And please, let's have no discussion of Columbo or Frasier in this thread.

I remember it had a very dodgy joke about the dad buying his daughter a nighty.

I remember this LWT sitcom well from the opening shots on the beach through to widower Richard O'Sullivan's character's advertising agency, Eyecatchers. Tim Brooke-Taylor played his colleague plus Joan Sanderson gave a superb performance in her usual battleaxe role as Simon's mother-in-law. I don't think that I've seen it since the 1980s either and I'm slightly concerned that I recall aspects of it so well.

There seemed to be quite a few LWT Friday night sitcoms broadcast in the 1980s, other examples were 'The Two Of Us', 'That's My Boy' and 'Surgical Spirit'. Clearly the TV/chocolate bar/fizzy pop combo was a good enough reason for me to keep off of the streets as all of those years ago?