Peep Show - Series 6 Page 49

This series was great. Classic Peep Show. Can't believe it's over so soon.

I'm a bit disappointed however that we didn't get to see the birth of Mark's son and the whole waiting in the hospital with Jez for it to be born, and the eventual moment when Mark must hold his newborn baby and then think some horribly detached thing.

Of course the next series could start right where this one left off but that is not Peep Show style. It's most likely going to start several weeks after the birth with Mark beginning to adjust to his new role as a father. Still, that plotline has miles of comedic potential. I can't wait.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ October 25 2009, 6:58 AM BST

and the eventual moment when mark must hold his newborn baby and then think some horribly detached thing.

Assuming it *is* his . I'm hoping it's Jeff's.

When is the seventh series due to be broadcast? Is it Spring 2010 or Autumn 2010? Anyway, I can't wait to see it as that was a great cliffhanger. :)

I'm guessing it will be a year from now, so most likely Autumn.

Last year's series was broadcast in the Summer, this year's was filmed in the Summer and broadcast in the Autumn so basically, I don't know. :S

I was a little disappointed in the end that I didn't get to brag about predicting the ending but the real ending was better than my one anyway so it doesn't matter!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 24 2009, 8:06 AM BST

Also, what is it with Olivia Colman playing women who are pregnant for over nine months. She did it in Green Wing and now she's doing it in Peep Show?

In fact, the only time I remember her not being pregnant (in character) was them trying to film her not pregnant in That Mitchell & Webb Look when she was in real life!

:)

Good series this one. Had some of the best episodes of the series and Mark's voiceover reached new heights (depths?) of cynicism. Although I have found I agree with many of his observations from a similar stand-point, which is worrying!

Excellent stuff, anyway. Bring on more!

Dan

Can someone PM me how it ends? I can't get the last bit. Really frustrating, like reading a book w/ the last pages torn out.

Thanks,

Quote: Nogget @ October 25 2009, 7:56 AM BST

Assuming it *is* his . I'm hoping it's Jeff's.

Likewise. I was hoping that would've been revealed, or hinted at in this episode.

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ October 29 2009, 1:43 AM BST

Can someone PM me how it ends? I can't get the last bit. Really frustrating, like reading a book w/ the last pages torn out.

Thanks,

Done. :) Sent a synopsis of the episode, but not included any of the gag lines, so as to not ruin it for you when you actually get to see it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 29 2009, 2:10 AM BST

Done. :) Sent a synopsis of the episode, but not included any of the gag lines, so as to not ruin it for you when you actually get to see it.

Thanks! I was trying to just guess what happened myself, but that wasn't working. Nice to not be left in the dark :D

A good end to the series. I'm kind of glad we didn't see the baby being born. Babies being born in sitcoms must rank alongside weddings as one of the most cliched scenarios. Of course, that said, they did the Mark and Sophie wedding a couple of series back, and managed to bring something fresh to it.

I imagine we'll never get to see the birth and series 7 will start a few months after the baby is born. Probably the best way to handle it, so as to keep it within the style of the show.

Friday night and no Peep Show- it's just not the same...

For those interested, this painting by Isy Suttie is currently on sale on eBay rasing money for the charity Young Minds. There are less than 10 minutes to go before the painting is sold. The price is currently £40.

UPDATE: Just sold for £40.

I've only just caught up with this thread, and am genuinely surprised that anyone expected the birth of the baby. It really wasn't ever going to happen. And like Tim, although I would like to see it, I expect that Series 7 will kick off with it some months old.

P.S. Although I seem to recall a pregnancy announced at the end of Series 2, Olivia Colma was not generally in the club through Beautiful People. I don't think...