Peep Show - Series 6 Page 44

It's rare that a sitcom episode has so many things happening in it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 16 2009, 10:56 PM BST

I was really only thinking of literally 20/30 more seconds to really fulfil the idea of "stoned" Mark's potential before crashing him. In Peep Show world (and in commercial half-hour sitcom world in general) even this is precious screen time, of course.

True, it would have been nice, but even so, Mark managed to do a lot of things in that brief high. He offered to give Sophie everything, proposed to Dobbie, discovered the missing snake, and as any psychoanalyst worth their salt will tell you, the lost snake represented the libido of the party and lost inhibitions, and his puking upon it symbolised its ending.
Or some such bollocks.

Wave
Hi everyone. Been reading this forum for donkeys, but I decided to finally sign up today. Absolutely love Peep Show. It just seems to be gettin better and better. After an average first episode, the last 4 have been awesomely awesome. Tonight's was just perfection.

You're gonna get dumped...have a lager!
Go on, stroke it, stroke my snake Laughing out loud

Welcome to the site, Matmerismo, and compliments on your good taste. Wave

This show is so packed with good lines and moments that, as usual, I shall have to watch it once or twice more over the next couple of days to get the maximum enjoyment from it.

Oh, and Dolly, I think your mate has shown a real talent for comedy acting as Elena in this series. She was very good in tonight's episode, really doing a great job of flipping between "sincere"/selfish behaviour, as her character's personality almost mirrors that of Jeremy. (Perhaps that's why Jez has fallen for her so much?) Congratulations to her via you. :)

Still trying to get caught up. Alas, I am still stuck on series 1. I try to watch it without the kids around and that very rarely happens.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 17 2009, 1:40 AM BST

Still trying to get caught up. Alas, I am still stuck on series 1. I try to watch it without the kids around and that very rarely happens.

Console Can't say for definite, Andie, but I think you'll find it worth sticking at. ;)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 17 2009, 1:42 AM BST

Console Can't say for definite, Andie, but I think you'll find it worth sticking at. ;)

I tried watching it the other night and my oldest kept wandering through. He's pretty quick and I just don't have the energy to explain stuff to him...do I sound lazy? :(

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 17 2009, 1:44 AM BST

I tried watching it the other night and my oldest kept wandering through. He's pretty quick and I just don't have the energy to explain stuff to him...do I sound lazy? :(

What age is your eldest again? Peep Show is definitely an adult show I'd say.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 17 2009, 1:49 AM BST

What age is your eldest again? Peep Show is definitely an adult show I'd say.

He's 12, with a rapidly developing dirty sense of humour. I've seen parts of Series 6 here and there and I'm afraid to watch it with him around. He can't remember to tie his shoes before he goes outside, but he never forgets dirty stuff.

I'm acquiring series 6 slowly and am going to start from there and play catch up as I can. Everything I've read on here sounds fantastic. I can't believe that the show keeps getting better. On our TV, shows do great and begin to fizzle out by this time.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 17 2009, 1:57 AM BST

On our TV, shows do great and begin to fizzle out by this time.

Then again, your sitcoms have to come up with 12+ episodes per season, instead of 6-8 per series. On the other hand it's usually pretty much one or two guys doing the writing over here. Swings and roundabouts.

After a mediocre (by its own standards) season 5 I admit I was a bit concerned that Peep Show would never regain its former glory. Thankfully, I was wrong to be concerned. Tonight's episode, along with series 6 as a whole, has only further affirmed, in my opinion, that this is the greatest comedy to ever air on television, anywhere. All hail Armstrong & Bain, Mitchell & Webb, et al.

It doesn't get much better than Super Hans with a rental snake.

Quote: Ben @ October 17 2009, 8:23 AM BST

It doesn't get much better than Super Hans with a rental snake.

in a salad spinner and a bucket of Corrigan spew!

Mark worrying that he'd have to get a mongoose in to deal with the snake was vintage Mark.

The perils of shuffle! Laughing out loud