Peep Show - Series 6 Page 43

Big Puze?

Sweet Jesus that was a great episode!

Oh yes indeedy, that was a class episode and no mistakin' - a Roost-a-thon if you will.

Brilliant stuff.

Hey RC dry clean my snake!

When did Super Hans start wearing makeup?

Great episode. Highlight for me being Mark's detective-like hunt for the poo culprit.

Quote: sootyj @ October 16 2009, 10:36 PM BST

When did Super Hans start wearing makeup?

Hasn't he always worn some around the eyes now and then?

Now that is more like it. That was back on par with Episode 2. That was gag after gag and a great ending. Good to see Mark's sister back too and you can't go wrong with a bit of Superhans.

I think they should stick to keeping the episodes within the flat or at least within just one or two settings, they seem to work better that way.

And the whole lasagnae thing was a lovely underplayed gag that said so much about Mark.

Quote: sootyj @ October 16 2009, 10:36 PM BST

Hey RC dry clean my snake!

And just like Mark Corrigan, I'd puke on it first.

But damn it's so much better than everything else. There's no slack or waste it's like a genetically engineered super sitcom.

Quote: sootyj @ October 16 2009, 10:40 PM BST

But damn it's so much better than everything else. There's no slack or waste it's like a genetically engineered super sitcom.

Agreed. It's incredibly efficient writing to cram this much into 24 minutes. The only concern that I would air is that by having so many known characters in the episode there wasn't much time to enjoy any of them fully.

Also, in an ideal world I think they would have had a few more seconds to really make the most of the Mark+drugs outburst before having to bring him back to reality. Minor gripes though. :)

P.S. Oh, the only other thing is I'm not sure that Mark would invite his sister Sarah to his party if he could possibly avoid it. Then again, this is not a soap opera (thank God).

Partly agree, but most sitcoms would have had a whole; ha ha big geek got stoned episode and dragged it out for half an hour.

This goes to show Peep Show isn't most sitcoms. Albeit they could cool down the digging up old characters a bit.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 16 2009, 10:46 PM BST

Also, in an ideal world I think they would have had a few more seconds to really make the most of the Mark+drugs outburst before having to bring him back to reality. Minor gripes though. :)

It was strange how quickly his inner voice straightened out, but let's face it, he's only ever allowed to get high just fleetingly enough that he can crash back down even harder.

Quote: Nogget @ October 16 2009, 10:52 PM BST

It was strange how quickly his inner voice straightened out, but let's face it, he's only ever allowed to get high just fleetingly enough that he can crash back down even harder.

I was really only thinking of literally 20/30 more seconds to really fulfil the idea of "stoned" Mark's potential before crashing him. In Peep Show world (and in commercial half-hour sitcom world in general) even this is precious screen time, of course.

The perils of shuffle...
Puke points...
Poo detective work...
Super Hans with a snake...

Oh, how I love Peep Show!

He only had a quick toke and, as it was his first time, him being sick was all you could really expect. He did seem to 'straighten up' rather quickly though, and running around shouting really isn't what bongs are about. :D