Big Train - World Stare Out question

I was wondering if anyone knew definitively who actually did what for the World Staring contests featured in Big Train? I always adored this and bought the books, I even got some comic books and stuff after exchanging a few emails with Paul Hatcher who I'm pretty sure created it. Anyway, my question is, was it Paul Hatcher who drew everything and Chris Shepherd who then animated it?

Also does anyone know what happened to Paul Hatcher? he used to have a website, House of Hatch but this disappeared years back and the email I had for him is long dead also. I ask because I had a few comic strip/animation ideas and wanted to see if he would consider collaborating as the style of the Big Train art was exactly what I wanted.

There you go, a few muddled questions under one banner, I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone knew, thanks.

Quote: Lord Summerisle @ May 19 2009, 11:17 PM BST

I was wondering if anyone knew definitively who actually did what for the World Staring contests featured in Big Train? I always adored this and bought the books, I even got some comic books and stuff after exchanging a few emails with Paul Hatcher who I'm pretty sure created it. Anyway, my question is, was it Paul Hatcher who drew everything and Chris Shepherd who then animated it?

Also does anyone know what happened to Paul Hatcher? he used to have a website, House of Hatch but this disappeared years back and the email I had for him is long dead also. I ask because I had a few comic strip/animation ideas and wanted to see if he would consider collaborating as the style of the Big Train art was exactly what I wanted.

There you go, a few muddled questions under one banner, I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone knew, thanks.

It's Barry Davies doing the commentary but that's all I know. Great stuff - thanks for reminding me. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWgg20IqibM

Hey, no problem, it really did it for me too and it's great to see it again.

I didn't like the WSC when I originally saw them, but I really enjoy them now.

I think they work well in their self contained world. The amount of detail given to the minutiea makes it so great, the ridiculous personalities and parallels with real sport in this frankly absurd pursuit. It really tickled me.